Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, December 16, 2010

"stop tearing terring ripping my posters down"

Posted by on Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Submitted to "I, Anonymous" via email earlier this week...

I don't know if it's the psychotic ex-lover of one of one of my brand new Seattle band bandmates, or just people who hate the name of my new band: But please stop tearing my posters down!

To the psycho ex-lover: What can/should I say? Even if I did fuck my band mate you know it's wrong to text someone that one's recently dead mothers is whore. And you did this four times? Get help.

To the people who just hate my new band band name: I guess when I was driving thru Idaho, I drove by a sign that I thought was a good band name, sort of like 764-Hero or Sleater-Kinney. True: it appealed to me because it not only had a drug reference, but also because it had three sylables like Led Zepplin and Mother Love Bone. I knew the drug reference would make people uneasy. But I had no idea how much it would upset some of you.

I came to this realization the evening I went down to the Cheesecake Factory to spread holiday cheer with my tuba and hand out handbills. This I did not only to elevate the general limited perception people have of what a bad-ass instrument the tuba is, but to promote my free holiday concert in Belltown, this week. I left the Cheesecake Factory feeling really sorry—but not really, really sorry—that a certain demographic can't cope with the name of my band.

So, listen up, people who keep tearing my band's posters down: Seattle is a tough crowd for an up-and-coming band. To say the least. But compound that with the fact that one is a tuba player trying to get booked at rock show venues and it's damn near—no, totally impossible to get shows. I have been practicing tuba diligently for like a year or two, and I finally got my own, or our own, first show, this Thursday in Belltown, and people aren't going to know about it because you people keep tearing my band's posters down.

As that I am not fiscally well-to-do, and need to compete with professional postering people, I would really appreciate it if you didn't rip my posters down anymore. At least wait until Friday morning. You stupid junkie mother fuckers.—Tubby

I expect you had the same reaction I did after reading all the way through Tubby's email: "WHAT THE FUCK IS THE FUCKING NAME OF YOUR FUCKING BAND, BRASSHOLE?"

Why would someone leave his band's name out of such a transparently publicity-seeking "I, Anonymous" submission? I refuse to believe that the omission could have been intentional—that it represented a conscious effort on Tubby's part to pique my curiosity, thereby prompting me to email back to ask after his band's name, which would in turn leave me feeling obligated, post-email exchange/human e-interaction, to at the very least post Tubby's "I, Anonymous" submission to Slog and LineOut—because I don't think someone who plays the tuba is capable of being that manipulative. The tuba player, like the tuba itself, is far too simple to play so sophisticated a game.

Anyway: the name of Tubby's band, and a photo of the band, after the jump.

Idaho Meth Project.

idahomethproject.jpg

Idaho Meth Project performs tonight at the Rendezvous with S.T.P. ("which obviously stands for Seattle Tube Project"), Brass Knuckles, and Bellingham's Sisturn Moth. Rendezvous, 10:00 PM, 21+, free. And, yes, there will be tubas...

STP1.jpg

bunnypuncher 1
Mother Love Bone has 4 syllables, genius.
Posted by bunnypuncher http://twitter.com/princess_wolfie on December 16, 2010 at 2:26 PM · Report this
Which band member did he fuck? Never mind, they're both hot, and more importantly, hotter than him. Mazel tov.
Posted by Schorschi on December 16, 2010 at 2:43 PM · Report this
'Led Zeppelin' has four syllables also.

Just sayin'.
Posted by tiktok on December 16, 2010 at 2:51 PM · Report this
@1 & @3: As does Idaho Meth Project...
Posted by Sex and rockets on December 16, 2010 at 3:00 PM · Report this
there is alot of meth in idaho and frankly i'm happy to see it finally gain some structure and form a project
Posted by c-leb on December 16, 2010 at 3:16 PM · Report this
Idaho Meth Project has 6 syllables...
Posted by Eugene on December 16, 2010 at 3:37 PM · Report this
@2: For serious. That was my line of thinking as well.
Posted by Juris on December 16, 2010 at 3:59 PM · Report this
that band looks awesome.

I feel like if they had said their name it would have been tacky, and that they didn't makes it sort of an I, Anonymous with a hint of publicity stunt, which seems to have worked, because now I have heard of them and I see they have 2 hot drummers and my band has 0 drummers, so I'm going to go to this show and try to steal one of them.

Having 2 drummers is just being stingy.
Posted by monosyllabic on December 16, 2010 at 4:27 PM · Report this
fuck you failed! his fucking plan worked you gullible guinea's! not only did you promote his band you also gave him mad street cred for banging one of those hotties! btw fuck this gimmick band.
Posted by egadnobondage on December 17, 2010 at 3:44 AM · Report this
Idaho Meth Project has six syllables.
so maybe he was going for the number of words?
Posted by Muriel on December 17, 2010 at 10:39 AM · Report this
This is the very same Tuba guy that was given the title of "Secret Underdog of Brilliance" at this year's gong show for playing Journey's Open Arms. Awesome.

Posted by LoganD on December 17, 2010 at 1:57 PM · Report this
That guy looks like John Stewart with a hangover.... and much less talent
Posted by Don't Give Up UR Day Job on December 17, 2010 at 4:11 PM · Report this