Line Out Music & the City at Night

Friday, May 18, 2012

Name This Musician!

Posted by on Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM

No one has correctly guessed the musician that's gracing the shirt of this week's Drunk of the Week. Maybe I should provide a hint:

He was the lead singer of a band who's most popular song is now the name of one of KEXP's Saturday radio shows

You can vote in the poll, but first person who puts his name in the comments wins a beer of their choice, on me, at the Pine Box.

beer.jpg
  • Kelly O

derek_erdman 1
Hey, that's Stiv Bators!
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on May 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
no marketable skills 2
yep. Stiv of Dead Boys fame. and that would be Sonic Reducer, yes no?
Posted by no marketable skills on May 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM · Report this
merry 3
Stiv Bators and he's a dead ringer (sorry!) for JOHNNY THUNDERS....

dammit....
Posted by merry on May 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM · Report this
@1 Wins! http://bit.ly/JYseUB

Wait, Derek do you even drink beer?
Posted by Kelly O on May 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 5
I don't even drink beer! Give it to @2!
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on May 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM · Report this
I knew it was sonic reducer so I googled sonic reducer and THIS is what wikipedia says. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Reduc…

Not Stiv Bators.
Posted by Callie B. on May 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM · Report this
It says Rocket from the Tombs, since my link is wack. Is there more than one punk song called Sonic Reducer?
Posted by Callie B. on May 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM · Report this
yos-wa 8
sonic reducer was written by cheetah crome and originally performed by rocket from the tombs. cheetah went on to form the dead boys with stiv singing and that's the version everyone pretty much knows. they also used several other rocket from the tombs songs as well.
Posted by yos-wa on May 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM · Report this
what #8 said. I'm a fan of the Dead Boys version...

#2 - YOU WIN!
Posted by Kelly O on May 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM · Report this
email drunk at thestranger.com to arrange for your free beer
Posted by Kelly O on May 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM · Report this
lark 11
Definitely the late Stiv Bators.
Posted by lark on May 18, 2012 at 4:28 PM · Report this
biffp 12
Robyn Hitchcock, Soft Boys, Positive Vibrations.
Posted by biffp on May 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM · Report this
blip 13
Bobo Belsinger!
Posted by blip on May 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM · Report this
Estey 14
You know, the Bad Brains doc at SIFF really reminded me how much they loved the Dead Boys. I watched it yesterday and wanted to get my Dead Boys LPs out immediately!
Posted by Estey on May 19, 2012 at 4:07 AM · Report this
Always preferred the Lords of the New Church to the Dead Boys.
Posted by mint chocolate chip on May 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM · Report this