There will be bands, of course, food, beer, art, and more. And it'll all be FREE! What bands? Well they aren't saying just yet, so let the speculation begin!
Here's the official word from the official press release:
In honor of our 25th anniversary year, we at Sub Pop Records will be hosting an altogether free event, which we’re calling The Silver Jubilee, to be held July 13, 2013 in Seattle’s historic Georgetown neighborhood. Along and surrounding Airport Way, we are fairly certain there will be some combination of… Actual live bands, playing actual live music! Some sort of art-related something or other! Like, in a gallery space, we’re thinking! A record fair-type event! Food! Beer and wine! (The food and beer and wine and soda or whatever, you will have to pay for! These parts are not free!) Good times and opportunities to embarrass yourself and those who’d always hoped for better for you! Plus, bands!
Keep an eye on silverjubilee.subpop.com for updates.
This spring the label will also be pressing a limited edition vinyl compilation for Record Store Day (which is 4/20 this year—insert bong noise here). Sub Pop 1000 will be available in "some dazzling color of vinyl" and limited to 5,000 copies, and is "comprised entirely of unreleased and exclusive tracks." Including a song from Stranger genius Lori Goldston! The full tracklist after the jump.
Happy birthday, Sub Pop! Now tell us who's playing the Silver Jubilee, already!
Sub Pop 1000 tracklist:
01. His Electro Blue Voice “Kidult” (Bologna, IT)
02. Chancha Via Circuito “Lacandona” (Buenos Aires, AR)
03. Protomartyr “French Poet” (Detroit, MI)
04. Lori Goldston “Tangled North” (Seattle, WA)
05. Iron Lung “A Victory for Polio” (Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA)
06. Soldiers of Fortune “Money” (Brooklyn, NY)
07. Peaking Lights “Subterranean Brainblow” (Los Angeles, CA)
08. Ed Schrader’s Music Beat “Radio Eyes” (Baltimore, MD)
09. My Disco “Guided” (Melbourne, AU)
10. Starred “Doomed” (Los Angeles, CA)