Joe Szilagyi 1
All I know is that this is essential:…

Best version of Single Ladies. Captain Jack!
Posted by Joe Szilagyi on December 2, 2011 at 1:09 PM · Report this
scary tyler moore 2
Posted by scary tyler moore on December 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM · Report this
blip 3
I have never heard anyone pronounce it Bay-yon-say. That's just terrible. The accent over the last e would technically make it beyon-SAY, but that is also terrible. I'm pretty sure the accent is just there so people know the e isn't silent. That leaves us with Be-YON-say.

Whichever you choose - and really, there is no wrong answer here - I think we can all agree that Beyonce is the worst name of all time.
Posted by blip on December 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM · Report this
It's bee-YON-say. I am from Houston; we're all taught this in school.
Posted by hereiswheremynamegoes on December 2, 2011 at 1:21 PM · Report this
I believe it's pronounced, goe-eld-digg-eng-ho from the original Norwegian.
Posted by pacnwjay on December 2, 2011 at 1:28 PM · Report this
Zebes 6
Posted by Zebes on December 2, 2011 at 1:30 PM · Report this
Guarantee that saw the accent over the final e and interpreted it as a cue to put the emphasis on the last syllable.

Bee - YAWN - say.
Posted by bigyaz on December 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 8
Am I the only one who pronounces the "Be" with a short "e"? More bih than bee?
Posted by keshmeshi on December 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM · Report this
smade 10
I say Mary J. puts her miles in the shade.
Posted by smade on December 2, 2011 at 1:53 PM · Report this
I pronounce it "who gives a shit?"
Posted by shaneleopard on December 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM · Report this
6 12
@11 you took the proper pronunciation right out of my mouth.
Posted by 6 on December 2, 2011 at 2:46 PM · Report this
Posted by N in Seattle on December 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 14
I knew a guy once who liked to drop the first e and lean on the o: b'yaaaahn-say.

Seems to me pronouncing it bay-ahn-SAY makes it a French verb or adjective. To say that someone is beyoncé (interestingly, this is in the masculine), would be to say that he has been beyonced, which I'm increasingly convinced is some kind of wall or window treatment.

Les fenêtres sont ici beyoncées de satin bleu.
The windows here are beyonced with blue satin.
Posted by MacCrocodile on December 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 15
we call her 'b' in the letter. it don't matter , she ain't gonna pick up anyway.
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on December 2, 2011 at 3:11 PM · Report this
I've never heard anyone say bay-yon-say. That's wack.

Posted by genevieve on December 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM · Report this
NaFun 17
@8 - No, not the only one.

Posted by NaFun on December 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM · Report this
My French aunt pronounces it in a very French way I can't even represent fully. She says "bay-YON-zeh." And Jay-Z is "dzah-ZAY."
Posted by Max Power on December 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM · Report this
TreGibbs 20
I say 'talentless hack who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket'.
Posted by TreGibbs on December 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM · Report this