Sir Vic 1
I did an overnight event at Cedarbrook this summer. The food is indeed excellent, and the facility is wonderful. If you are from that area, you may not even know the place existed ( I sure didn't). The story is that the place was built as a executive retreat for WaMu. It's all about "sustainability", so you may need to bring your own TP.

Tip: Eat well at dinner, as the "continental" breakfast seems to be from Antarctica. Seriously, communes have more appetizing fare in the morning. (poppy & onion bagels for breakfast!?)
Posted by Sir Vic on December 19, 2011 at 7:28 AM · Report this
Allyn 2
Does Gawker know there's a challenge? What's their total? How do you find info about this from their end? I did a google search for 'gawker holiday challenge' and 'gawker charity' and it's all slog posts about this challenge. A search of 'donation' on their website turned up nothing of use, nor 'slog'.

What am I missing?
Posted by Allyn on December 19, 2011 at 1:53 PM · Report this
@2, that it's a joke.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 19, 2011 at 2:40 PM · Report this
Allyn 4
@3 Yeah, but I still don't get it. The punchline is that slog is so insignificant? Or that the only way slog could win a fund-raising challenge is by setting up a fake challenge?
Is it about Gawker?
Posted by Allyn on December 19, 2011 at 2:45 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 5
How close are they to light rail?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on December 19, 2011 at 3:12 PM · Report this
veo_ 6
I used to have meetings and team events at Cederbrook almost weekly back when I was a WaMu Technology Vice President and sometimes I'd hop the shuttle over there from downtown just to grab lunch.

Oh, how times have changed.
Posted by veo_ on December 19, 2011 at 9:24 PM · Report this