Cato the Younger Younger 1
Hilarious!!
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on December 19, 2011 at 6:02 PM · Report this
I've got a pound of Plugra Unsalted in my fidzflidgefordidgerator he is welcome to come get.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 19, 2011 at 6:06 PM · Report this
He reminds me of that guy who wanted us to stop picking on Britney, but with a more restrained, Scandinavian sensibility....
Posted by Devoted http://devotedlvr.com on December 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM · Report this
Danny,

did you see that MSNBC has apologized
for the slanderous piece of shit Romney/KKK piece you vomited up on Slog?

Will you be apologizing?

Asshole.

>>>MSNBC has apologized to Mitt Romney's presidential campaign for airing a segment that connected Romney's use of the expression "Keep America American" to the Klu Klux Klan.
"During the 11AM hour on MSNBC, we reported on a blog item that compared a phrase used by the Romney campaign to one used by the KKK in the 1920s," Chris Matthews said on Wednesday. "It was irresponsible and incendiary of us to do this and showed an appalling lack of judgment. We apologize, we really do, to the Romney campaign."
Posted by Ya butter watch out, ya butter not cry... on December 19, 2011 at 6:09 PM · Report this
Teslick 5
Uff Da! What the hell are you going to put on your lefse?
Posted by Teslick on December 19, 2011 at 6:14 PM · Report this
Fnarf 6
"Fuck you, American....people". And the Danes come in for some abuse too, for their "fucking red fucking sausage".

I heard that they're charging up to $400 a pound for butter there. They've got tons of butter across the border but it's illegal to import it as a protectionist measure for their dairies. But not they have none, and it's turned into a crisis.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on December 19, 2011 at 6:16 PM · Report this
Irena 7
They could substitute lip gloss. There seems to be no shortage of that.
Posted by Irena on December 19, 2011 at 6:19 PM · Report this
Andy 8
The Portuguese respond.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7l7pqfiM7Q
Posted by Andy on December 19, 2011 at 6:30 PM · Report this
Laugh now, but if this happened in America....the streets would be red with blood.
Posted by Spindles on December 19, 2011 at 6:34 PM · Report this
Life must be really hard in Norway with only the world's highest standard of living, vast wealth, scenic natural beauty, free tuition, healthcare, housing, six weeks paid vacation, and statuesque blondes to console them.
Posted by Subdued Excitement on December 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM · Report this
He sounds like a cross between my Norwegian great aunts and the houseboy from The Birdcage.
Posted by Subdued Excitement on December 19, 2011 at 6:38 PM · Report this
@8, that was a thing of beauty. Thank you!
Posted by gloomy gus on December 19, 2011 at 6:40 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 13
@10 for the win.

This has been going on for a while.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on December 19, 2011 at 6:40 PM · Report this
That what they get for being socialists
Posted by Democrat1234 on December 19, 2011 at 7:06 PM · Report this
bedipped 15
Norway's experiment with bread and glitter socialism has failed.
Posted by bedipped on December 19, 2011 at 7:14 PM · Report this
Posted by Democrat1234 on December 19, 2011 at 7:14 PM · Report this
ForkyMcSpoon 17
Haha, de har inte smör för deras julsmörgåsbord.

Svenskarna har mycket smör.
Posted by ForkyMcSpoon on December 19, 2011 at 7:26 PM · Report this
Just beat heavy cream with a mixer for about 10 minutes...BUTTER!

I didn't watch the video, can they not get cream either?
Posted by MaiaD on December 19, 2011 at 8:01 PM · Report this
Having a hard time feeling sorry for Norway. Yeah, having no butter sucks, but if "American comedians" are making fun of it, well thats what comedians DO. Norway is a country with one of the highest GDPs, the highest quality of life, lowest infant mortality rate, and has almost no poverty or illiteracy. Not having butter is NOT a tragedy - no one is going to starve to death. We fat Americans should know. Oh yeah, and European comedians and TV shows get PLENTY of laughs at the expense of our fat, lazy American asses, so I'm going to keep laughing at Conan O'Brien's jokes. Lighten up Tommy!
Posted by nyker on December 19, 2011 at 8:03 PM · Report this
despicable me 20
Dude, 2 words. Paula Deen.
Posted by despicable me on December 19, 2011 at 8:10 PM · Report this
Anthony Hecht 21
Lately I think this about everything, but I'm calling fake on this one.
Posted by Anthony Hecht on December 19, 2011 at 8:16 PM · Report this
Cephalodude 22
He blinded me wth lip gloss.
Posted by Cephalodude on December 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM · Report this
Cephalodude 23
@21-- having watched some of his other videos, I'm inclined to agree. While I don't speak Norwiegan, his delivery and mannerisms come off as self-depricating in any language. Pretty sure he's just doing this for giggles.
Posted by Cephalodude on December 19, 2011 at 8:38 PM · Report this
lark 24
Read that story in last Thursday's Seattle Times. Had a picture with a queue of people waiting for butter. Hard to believe and weird.
Posted by lark on December 19, 2011 at 8:41 PM · Report this
Woah, hey! I'm not overweight, but I am very stoned and this person obviously needs canabutter. I am happy to share but my assface government that does not represent me is preventing me from providing much needed foreign food aid.
Posted by Curtis Interruptus on December 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM · Report this
Butter is the main ingredient in pussycat cake. That's the most startling information in the whole video.
Posted by snapdragon on December 19, 2011 at 9:52 PM · Report this
Their stupid government is doing this to them. Maybe they need to beat up on their government.
Posted by Fritz on December 19, 2011 at 9:57 PM · Report this
ROTFL, as a Norwegian expatriate I find it pretty funny. Also makes me miss the taste of Norwegian butter, that's some good stuff right there...Oh and Norwegian cheese mmmmmm
Posted by StianK on December 19, 2011 at 10:27 PM · Report this
rob! 29
Rita Moreno is looking quite dewy these days, but I had no idea she moved to Norway.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on December 19, 2011 at 10:59 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 30
GOD if only America would teach languages half as well as the Scandinavians. Even English. I'd settle for English! Butter, oh yeah that.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on December 19, 2011 at 11:03 PM · Report this
The first thing they need to do, as a condition of foreign aid, is to cut down on butter dancing. Everyone else in Europe is under some sort of austerity regime, and it's only fair the Norwegians have to bite the bullet on butter dancing.
Posted by Toe Tag on December 19, 2011 at 11:18 PM · Report this
"it gets butter"
Posted by danceofdays on December 19, 2011 at 11:20 PM · Report this
Fake, fake, fake.
Posted by larf2k on December 19, 2011 at 11:54 PM · Report this
Scandinavia and the World's take on the crisis. I'm Danish myself, but I'll have to agree with Sweden on this one. http://satwcomic.com/too-little-butter
Posted by Adacia on December 20, 2011 at 1:10 AM · Report this
I'm an American living in Norway. While there is a shortage, it's not impossible to find butter... although I haven't been lucky enough to be able to buy any at my local supermarket for many weeks, I have been able to have a few kilos snuck in by (American) friends from Sweden a couple of times, much to their amusement. It's funny. Tommy is being funny. It really is terrible timing not to have butter the one time when everyone actually really really wants to use it!
Posted by sockswithsandals on December 20, 2011 at 1:49 AM · Report this
@ 21 & 33 - No, unfortunately it's not fake. As a Canadian having lived in Norway for 15 years, I can say it's true. We are out of butter. Sigh..... and the Norwegians are freaking out, are angry and feel betrayed. Sigh..... As for me? Someone who has grown up in a society without a deeply socialst background? I saw it coming and bought 3 containers. :) (Imagine that - planning ahead. Who would have thought?)
Posted by NorwegianCanuck on December 20, 2011 at 3:14 AM · Report this
Is that Chris Cocker?
Posted by jeffg166 on December 20, 2011 at 3:25 AM · Report this
I will totally send butter! Give an address. I got no christmas, but I got Key Foods.
Posted by houseoftrash on December 20, 2011 at 3:32 AM · Report this
Aurora Erratic 39
We should send them those sculptures from the Iowa State Fair. I've always thought that's an enormous waste of butter.
Posted by Aurora Erratic http://www.finemesspottery.com on December 20, 2011 at 4:54 AM · Report this
#34 - I was just coming to post that.
Posted by TechBear on December 20, 2011 at 6:03 AM · Report this
starsandgarters 41
Nice how he calls Americans fat, but the butter shortage is being blamed on a fat-rich low-carb diet. A little sensitive about weight, Tommy?
Posted by starsandgarters on December 20, 2011 at 6:09 AM · Report this
ForkyMcSpoon 42
@26 Lussekatter = saffron cats. You can call them pussycat buns if you want (katter is just the plural of katt, which is... well, cat), but they're definitely not cake. They're also called lussebulle, which is "saffron buns", which is what they're normally called in English.
Posted by ForkyMcSpoon on December 20, 2011 at 6:25 AM · Report this
I live in Norway...I have butter in the fridge...About the same amount that I had there when I heard there was a crisis. It is a bit disapointing but I would take a butter crisis over any of the actual problems happening in the world right now. Also, we do not have enough snow. Also, 6-packs of crappy tall boys are, like $28...so, even though we have no national debt and one of the world's best distributions of wealth, the butter and beer situation totally mocks us...
Posted by ohshiticantremembermypassword on December 20, 2011 at 7:25 AM · Report this
"get me the butter" -- Sven Brando
Posted by Fred Flintstone on December 20, 2011 at 7:29 AM · Report this
GhostDog 45
We better be cool or they'll send a Troll Hunter to kick all of our asses.

Posted by GhostDog on December 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM · Report this
I found this incredibly funny, but I may not be sensitive to his plight as I am lactose intolerant. A whole country with no butter sounds like heaven to me!
Posted by cab61160 on December 20, 2011 at 9:16 AM · Report this
Oh my god. How can I send some butter to Norway?
Posted by tacomagirl on December 20, 2011 at 9:24 AM · Report this
Posted by Dan Savage on December 20, 2011 at 10:11 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 49
I have started a charity to help:

Fried Butter For Norway

We will be ringing your doors before Christmas, holding out socks, which we will fill with butter for Norway.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on December 20, 2011 at 10:40 AM · Report this
The Norwegians are prosperous enough to afford to import all the butter they could possibly desire.

If Norwegians should be angry at anyone, it should be directed toward their own Parliament for refusing to repeal, or temporarily rescind, the protectionist laws that effectively bar the legal importation of butter.

Or go one step further back, and be angry at your own dairy industry, Norwegians, for failing to produce adequate supplies, and for (presumably) supporting the protectionist laws that insulates the industry from foreign competition.
Posted by Functional Atheist on December 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM · Report this
I wish I had his fax number so I could fax him some butter...
Posted by subwlf on December 20, 2011 at 3:38 PM · Report this
Karlheinz Arschbomber 52
Here in northern Germany, the supermarkets have massive quantities of butter. The choice is always domestic or Irish. There have been no supply or price anomalies. This is some nonsense of the Norwegian Butter Control Board. Maybe their version of Costco needs to bribe a bunch of people, spread a bunch of buttery lies, and get a new law passed in their favor.
Posted by Karlheinz Arschbomber http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arschbombe on December 20, 2011 at 3:41 PM · Report this
Slictor 53
@32: I almost pissed myself laughing! So good!
Posted by Slictor on December 22, 2011 at 1:29 PM · Report this