Stupid fucking #7.
Posted by Mr. Happy Sunshine on January 31, 2012 at 4:55 PM · Report this
Zebes 2
That's right, those damn out-of-touch bus riders, society's oppressive elite.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on January 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 3
This is why I avoid riding any route with fewer than two digits.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on January 31, 2012 at 5:01 PM · Report this
FNARP 4
South Seattle drops the mic and walks out of the room after every show. Even when downtown.
Posted by FNARP on January 31, 2012 at 5:08 PM · Report this
@3 Sorry, Queen Anne, Cap Hill, and Fremont will miss you. But there's always the 358 and the 48.
Posted by maddogm13 on January 31, 2012 at 5:10 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 6
They need to move the Symphony out of Benaroya Hall.

It's not only a cesspool of danger, the building itself is horrible.

There is no atrium space, the eating area is cramped and dark. The inside I think fills up with CO from either the buses or maybe from the tunnel or something.

Plus I'm really sick of mogul funded architecture from the 90s, that has decked out Seattle in the style of Early Nerd.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on January 31, 2012 at 5:14 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 7
I blame the toll-avoiding car riders and their violent tendencies, even when they're on a bus with civilized people.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 31, 2012 at 5:19 PM · Report this
@6, spoken like a man who's never attended an event inside the fucking thing, just eaten lunch in the public area. Go to one of the free concerts inside the auditorium, you'll see what the point of the whole building is.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 31, 2012 at 5:24 PM · Report this
bleedingheartlibertarian 9
Oh, that's what was going on there while I was skipping work to buy comic books. I was wondering.
Posted by bleedingheartlibertarian on January 31, 2012 at 5:50 PM · Report this
Chef Thunder 10
This is the kind of behavior one expects on the #358, but the #7 well I never.
Posted by Chef Thunder on January 31, 2012 at 6:01 PM · Report this
Where does it say it was the #7?
Posted by elaineinballard on January 31, 2012 at 6:08 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 12
#8

I've actually a subscriber and have been for the last 6 years, o, he who speak without knowing.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on January 31, 2012 at 6:10 PM · Report this
What does Benaroya Hall have to do with it?
Posted by tacomagirl on January 31, 2012 at 6:18 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 14
@12 "I've actually a subscriber"? Well, I suppose you go for the concerts and not the grammar.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on January 31, 2012 at 6:46 PM · Report this
venomlash 15
@14: I think he accidentally the action verb.
Posted by venomlash on January 31, 2012 at 7:26 PM · Report this
Cornichon 16
What ticks me off, as a Belltown resident, is the online KING5 report, which calls 3rd & Pike/Pine "Belltown." Stop, already. That's fucking DOWNTOWN. Belltown has enough problems without geographically-challenged tee vee reporters not knowing the difference. And the online version say s3rd & "Steward" [sic], which still isn't right.

Posted by Cornichon http://cornichon.org on January 31, 2012 at 7:44 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 17
benaroya's between university in and union, so fail.
Posted by Max Solomon on January 31, 2012 at 8:12 PM · Report this
Greg 18
@3: You might change your mind if you took the 36 regularly.

@6: You're out of your gourd. First, Benaroya Hall is plenty roomy enough inside, unless you jam into that little hallway next to the cafe, which plenty of people seem to do before a show. Second, the place looks like a nice, modern concert hall without being one of Frank Gehry's acid flashbacks. Finally, the auditorium has excellent acoustics, which is the whole point of the thing.
Posted by Greg on January 31, 2012 at 8:16 PM · Report this
It isn't even clear whether or not they were Metro passengers. Often a skirmish or drug deal will start at the bus zone and finish on any bus pulling up to the zone. As a bus driver, I have seen this all too often. In one instance, I was unloading a regular off at 3rd and Pike with the lift. My passenger had a prosthetic leg. As the lift came completely up, to where she could roll her wheelchair on, two thugs began duking it out viciously. On of them climbed the lift in an attempt to get away, the other following right behind. My passenger began beating them with her prosthetic leg to get them off the bus and away from us. She succeeded. Then she asked me "Are you alright?" That lady is my hero. We stayed at the zone until police arrived. One of the offenders was still there. He just removed his hoodie. We both pointed him out. As for the #7, it terminates at 3rd and PIke. Bus drivers kick everyone off at that point. Kind of hard to believe anyone would wait to the last stop to report they had been stabbed.
Posted by pussnboots on February 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM · Report this