merry 1
Wow. I just... It doesn't even... I mean...

Wow.
Posted by merry on February 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 2
I just want to know why the Feminist Killjoys at DSHS weren't doing their job when they let those two boys get immolated. Too much time spent making t-shirts and male bashing on their website I guess.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on February 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM · Report this
Oh, and what gender was the parent that killed them?
Posted by maddogm13 on February 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM · Report this
And now he's got a license to *gay-bash* with the approval of a whole community. Good for you, Pastor Hutch!
Posted by Pope Buck I on February 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM · Report this
passionate_jus 5
If there is a referendum in the fall and he is on their campaign, then the pro gay marriage side should make tv ads with him saying that and air them in rural parts of the state.

What a racist homophobic bigot.
Posted by passionate_jus on February 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM · Report this
seandr 6
Average life expectancy of NFL players is 53-59. Hutch is 60.
Posted by seandr on February 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
that's probably the least offensive thing i've read from that guy.
Posted by philosophy school dropout on February 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM · Report this
McGee 8
That's fine. I am certain lots of whites played to hurt blacks legally too. Ken Hutcherson played in 22 games over 2 years for his career. I am guessing he wasn't very good at it.

@2 What's the matter Bailo? Upset that women have the temerity to not let you rape them?
Posted by McGee on February 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 9
And the only reason he's religious is so he can hurt gay people morally? By which I mean, with the justification of a moldy book of nonsense he claims is divine?
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on February 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM · Report this
That comment and his vicious personal attack on Rep. Jaime Pedersen makes one wonder how he can call himself a man of God.
Posted by sweetleopardess on February 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM · Report this
Rujax! 11
Two jackasses...the christianist bigot jackass Hutcherson and the garden variety jerkoff jackass @ 2.
Posted by Rujax! http://rujax.blogspot.com/ on February 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM · Report this
bedipped 12
Please someone explain to him that this same-sex marriage thing is optional.
Posted by bedipped on February 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM · Report this
Is he one of those black people who mistakenly think that gayness is a white thing?
Posted by I have always been... east coaster on February 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM · Report this
For those who don't want to wade though this asshole's testimony, please let me provide the abstract of Reverend Ken Hutcherson's remarks:
"I have always been an asshole. I still am an asshole. I will always be an asshole."
Posted by DNash on February 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM · Report this
In Hutch's world, you get extra points if you come to jebus after being a really bad mofo. So he's actually crowing about the strength of his Christian credentials.

Of course, in Hutch's world, it's also just fine to be a homophobic bigot of the worst order.
Posted by N in Seattle http://peacetreefarm.org on February 7, 2012 at 5:11 PM · Report this
I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here. I'm not sure if that's a sociopathic admission, or just psychopathic (I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'm no mental health professional), but either way, that's f'n sad.
Posted by dagard on February 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM · Report this
I have heard this story from Hutch in almost exactly these same words before. He loves to tell this story. I have no idea why. Maybe he thinks it gives him some kind of credibility.
Posted by Charlie Mas on February 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM · Report this
Cracker Jack 18
@12: No, don't! I want to see him in a white dress.
Posted by Cracker Jack on February 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM · Report this
There is a dread, despised word that was coined for the folks like the Reverend.... say, what's up with those earrings???
Posted by pupuguru http://www.godsweed.org on February 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM · Report this
Ken Hutcherson has made a career of this. Bigotry pays handsomely.
Posted by PU on February 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM · Report this
The idea that Hutch has enough followers to fill a huge megachurch scares me. This redeemed racist schtick works for these sheep ? How sad for the east side. Sad sad
Posted by randomitis on February 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM · Report this
Same-sex marriage will become legal in the not too distant future. Do not demonize the opposition.

Sen. Ed Murray was right about not hating. What the pastor needs is love. There is quite a bit of self-loathing in his speech. He obviously grew up in a very brutal environment and that has helped define who he is.

Although he is the spokesperson for SFM, do not become too focused on him. He is his own worst debating partner. Based on voting results from R-71, the real opposition comes from the more rural parts of the state, so talk to your neighbors outside the city. Real opposition also comes from national anti-equality organizations such the National Organization for Marriage. They are well funded and are a lot more media savy.
Posted by Lhota on February 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM · Report this
I'd hesitate to harp too much on that comment alone without context - don't get me wrong, the guy's despicable; however, that line reads writequite possibly like a build-up to a "how I've grown, now I just hate gays," and spring about it in isolation runs the risk of losing any appearance of consistency re: things like the Shirley Sherrod affair...
Posted by HunterJE on February 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM · Report this