Dominic Holden 1
Posted by Dominic Holden on February 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM · Report this
Baconcat 2
Pidg' a fit.
Posted by Baconcat on February 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM · Report this
Disinformation indeed.
Posted by Subdued Excitement on February 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM · Report this
I suppose this means there's a manager of a Staples store somewhere who attends one of the bigot churches and who plans to flout corporate policy. It probably wouldn't take much legwork to guess locations and check it out. For someone who has that kind of time to spare.
Posted by Meat Weapon on February 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM · Report this
Staples has one location in each of Redmond, Bellevue and Bothel. I'd place odds on it being one of those locations. Part of the Hutcherson or Fuiten flock, I'd guess.
Posted by Meat Weapon on February 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM · Report this
DOUG. 7
According to OpenSecrets, the Staples CEO and his wife give big money to Romney and Romney's Free & Strong America PAC.
Posted by DOUG. http://www.dougsvotersguide.com on February 21, 2012 at 1:24 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 10
plus, staples is willard rmoney's central job-creating accomplishment. i'll have to continue to not shop there
Posted by Max Solomon on February 21, 2012 at 2:51 PM · Report this
I was able to personally talk to the Seattle area district manager for Staples, Tim Mooney, who apparently covers all Staples stores from Marysville to West Seattle and he was empathetic that this will not happen at any Staples store--especially not in his district.

He also said that he is looking into the situation to see how Staples name somehow got linked to Pidgeon and Randall and that hopefully soon Staples will release an official statement.

I found his concern to be very sincere and I appreciate the seriousness that Staples is responding to this with.
Posted by Ashlyn on February 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM · Report this
LogopolisMike 12
So I guess the quote should have read:

' According to Randall, [the paper that] initiative petitions will be [photocopied on will be] available in the next few days and eventually people will be able to find [original paper of a similar kind] in thousands of churches, some Staples stores and online.
Posted by LogopolisMike http://logopolis.typepad.com on February 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM · Report this
@5: Yes, because there are no conservative megachurches within the Seattle city limits. Must be those suburbanites.
Posted by bigyaz on February 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM · Report this
Zebes 14
Good on Staples. I just can't collate my documents or sort my paperclips or sharpen pencils or something when I know that somewhere out there, gay people might get to be a bit happier than they might otherwise be.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on February 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM · Report this
@11- Thank you for taking the responsible approach to find out what the actual story is rather than knee-jerking. BTW: I expect you meant "emphatic" though I suppose empathetic would be nice. :)
Posted by mdl1066 on February 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM · Report this
@12 Yeah, damn auto-correct :P

I've worked retail before and I knew that there was no way that this was officially sanctioned by Staples and had to be a case of some employee over stepping their boundaries. Mostly I wanted to make sure that the DM was aware of this because he is in position to make sure the store managers keep their employees in line and not have them use Staples' store front or employee time and resources to support this anti-family/anti-gay agenda.

Even if Pidgeon/Randall/Hutcherson/whoever had a "handshake agreement" with one of their local Staples to hang out in front of store collecting signature, the blow back from this story breaking with Staples corporate and the local DM now aware will make sure that doesn't happen.
Posted by Ashlyn on February 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM · Report this
Err @15. Can't blame autocorrect for that one.
Posted by Ashlyn on February 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM · Report this
I spoke with the manager of the Bellevue Staples and they just said, "No Comment," and "Call this number." That sounds a bit of an avoidance to me. If they were not doing anything harmful, why not just say they have nothing to do with it.

I am reconsidering purchasing at Staples if the "Big Guy" is supporting the wrong candidates. It is too bad, my whole family, with lots of technology in the home, rather enjoy shopping at our neighborhood office supply store.

Take Care Staples.
Posted by mjmoverseas http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=hb_tab_pro_top on February 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM · Report this