seandr 1
One millions moms is to America what Mrs. Olson was to Walnut Grove.
Posted by seandr on February 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM · Report this
sirkowski 2
Archie used to make comics against civil rights, mixed marriage and evolution. Today they're pissing off fundies.

I wonder what it's like to be fundamentalist. What's it like continuously fighting lost causes? It must take of lot denial not to become depressed.
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on February 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 3

Who goes to Toyzerus and buys Archies?

Those are at the supermarket checkout.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on February 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM · Report this
When are conservatives going to stop pretending that explaining gay couples to children requires graphic descriptions of sex acts? I can't imagine what else they might mean by "complicated."
Posted by Margaret L. on February 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM · Report this
OrdinaryMadness.org 5
Louie said it best,

"It doesn't have ANY effect on your life. What do you care? People try to talk about it like it's a social issue. Like when you see someone stand up on a talk show and say 'How am I supposed to explain to my child that two men are getting married?' I dunno, it's your shitty kid, you fuckin' tell 'em. Why is that anyone else's problem? Two guys are in LOVE but they can't get married because YOU don't want to talk to your ugly child for five fuckin' minutes?" – Louis CK
Posted by OrdinaryMadness.org http://www.ordinarymadness.org on February 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM · Report this
@4, I think what they mean by "complicated" is that it's really difficult to explain to a 4 year old why two men getting married is an abomination and a man and a woman getting married is a blessing from god.

If you've ever talked to a 4 year old, they don't do cognitive dissonance well.
Posted by Westside forever on February 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 7
I looked at the cover, I was hoping Archie was the one getting married. Sorry, but I gotta thing for red heads.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM · Report this
very bad homo 8
How do we explain to our children that people aren't all exactly the same?
Posted by very bad homo on February 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM · Report this
I wrote a letter of support to ToysRus: contactus@toysrus.com

It was:

To whom it may concern,

I understand that some members of One Million Moms are upset because your store is carrying an Archie comic book that features a gay wedding on the cover.

I would like to say that, far from being offended, I am happy that ToysRus does not censor the publications it normally sells, and that I am equally happy that ToysRus is carrying this comic book in particular, which offers a message of inclusion.

When I was a child, I knew that I was different, and I would have been pleased and comforted at seeing someone like me on the cover of a comic book. I read Archie comics regularly, and to have been affirmed at that time would have been a tremendously positive experience.

Please do not bow to pressure from One Million Moms, and please keep up the good work.

Posted by Clayton on February 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM · Report this
Zebes 10
And in 20, 30 years, when the moral structure of society is crumbling as surely as the dilapidated skyscrapers in the burned-out husks that were once our great cities, someone will ask, "Mr. Antichrist, what finally pushed you over the edge and made you begin your campaign of world annihilation?" And he'll answer, "I saw two dudes getting married on the cover of a comic book in a toy store and knew that all things sacred were wheat before the scythe of my will."
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on February 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM · Report this
Aside from being insensitive d-bags, they just don't make any logical sense:

"This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand."

If it's too complicated for a child to understand, then what's the problem?
Posted by jath on February 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM · Report this
Allyn 12
Because barely dressed barbies and gun-toting war figures are totally cool; pink car garages next to multi-color garages don’t cause gender confusion; video games that sponsor death and female objectification are fine.

But a picture on one comic book will scar my children for life.
Posted by Allyn on February 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM · Report this
I can tell you one gay uncle who'll never set foot in Toys R Us again if they cave.
Posted by kalel80806 on February 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM · Report this
There's literally a photo of Whitney Houston's corpse on the cover of the National Enquirer right now, and the thing in the checkout they're worried about having to explain is two smiling cartoon men?
Posted by jath on February 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM · Report this
Zebes 15
@12

Of course. Tried and true gender stratification has long been traditional. A meek, domesticated wife and a burly, stoic husband capable of righteous violence is God's ideal pairing. Ain't got room in such a divine plan for no Archie faggotry.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on February 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM · Report this
@12: I can't wait until I grow up and become a parent and tell other parents that traditional gender roles are too hard to explain to my kid.

"Mommy, why do we have boy and girl toys? Why don't we just have kid toys?"

TOYS R USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! *shakes fists*
Posted by Gloria on February 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM · Report this
Indy 18
Here's how we explained "same-sex" marriage to our kids:
Some boys fall in love with girls, and some with boys. Some girls fall in love with boys and some with girls. When you're grown up you can get married to whoever you fall in love with. And it's all okay.
Took about 2 minutes and they all got it. No trauma, no need to explan teh butseks.
Posted by Indy on February 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM · Report this
Goes to show, not even making him a comic character, wrapping him in the flag, marrying him to a soldier, giving him kids, or making him sign a mortgage or two can normalize the gay enough for some people.
Posted by gloomy gus on February 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM · Report this
Allyn 20
@17 I know. Do the million-ish moms all stay at home, wear dresses and bake bread? How do they explain fathers who stay home and mothers who work?

Though I do hate the McDonald’s happy meal question of: “boy toy or girl toy?” But I actually talk with my kids, so I’m not going to file a suit or write an angry letter to McDonalds.
Posted by Allyn on February 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM · Report this
Fenrox 21
Toys R Us is a fucking disgusting company, So I am excited to see just how fantastically they cave.
Posted by Fenrox on February 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM · Report this
scary tyler moore 22
one million moms? more like two broads in a basement in idaho, to quote Gawker.
Posted by scary tyler moore http://pushymcshove.blogspot.com/ on February 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM · Report this
LogopolisMike 23
Trying to write them a letter in support, but I can't find the backwards R on my keyboard. I fear the members of One Million Moms won't have that problem. (It's probably right below the grocers' apostrophe on their special keyboard.)
Posted by LogopolisMike http://logopolis.typepad.com on February 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM · Report this
Geni 24
Toys R Us is still in business?
Posted by Geni on February 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM · Report this
Puckerd Poop Chute 25
If they are upset about a gay wedding on Archie, wait until the find out in the Buffy The Vampire Slayer comic book, Buffy has an abortion after a blackout drunk hookup with an unknown guy
Posted by Puckerd Poop Chute on February 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM · Report this
Frankie23 26

Because there's no chance that you might see an actual, real-life gay couple at Toys R Us, right "Mom"? Honestly, I think these women's heads might explode if they saw "the gays" in person...
Posted by Frankie23 http://frankie23.com on February 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM · Report this
rob! 27
Toys "Я" Us

You can copy and paste, @23. You're welcome.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on February 28, 2012 at 4:45 PM · Report this