Vince 1
Catholics are asking India's Supreme Court to recriminalise gay sex? Let's first investigate whether Catholic priests are raping Indian children. You just know they are.
Posted by Vince on February 29, 2012 at 7:57 AM · Report this
Keister Button 2
Would someone please tell me what "progressive" means in Seattle or more explicitly the Seattle School Board?
because progressive reformers have regained control of the school board,
Nick Hanauer has been described as "progressive" by The Stranger on multiple occasions but he had contributed to campaigns of certain School Board directors who did not win second terms.
Nick Hanauer wants charters and corporate-backed education reform. Nick Hanauer has considered backing Rob McKenna. Would any informed School Board watcher, viewing a Venn Diagram of what the new School Board directors and Nick Hanauer have in common for a shared vision of Seattle public school education, be able to call both these camps "progressive"?
I really don't know how progressive is supposed to be used. Judging by The Stranger I would say it is a useless throwaway term, like "US freedom and liberty" and "compassionate conservatism."
Posted by Keister Button on February 29, 2012 at 8:12 AM · Report this
Mitt's a catcher. Who wants to bet that that scenario is how he got that nickname?
Posted by suddenlyorcas on February 29, 2012 at 8:25 AM · Report this
this guy I know in Spokane 4
Dude in tank top = slut. Dude in tank top & shorts = filthy slut.

Duh. I mean, who doesn't know that?

Posted by this guy I know in Spokane on February 29, 2012 at 8:25 AM · Report this
I guess we don't have that whole beautiful women who wear dresses with plunging necklines issue around here.

We don't even have the beautiful women who wear dresses issue around here.

Come to think of it...
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on February 29, 2012 at 8:27 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 6
@1,
But they're just asking people to follow christianity's Golden Rule: "Do as I say, not as I do."
Posted by Urgutha Forka on February 29, 2012 at 8:29 AM · Report this
Thanks, Keister B@2. The operations and financial bungling under the Goodloe-Johnson administration (though it predates her tenure) was no joke, and many on the old board probably contributed through neglect; but I'd hardly call the new members a sweeping wave of reform.

And re: Hanauer, check this out:

Posted by Mr. Happy Sunshine on February 29, 2012 at 8:37 AM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 8
Santorum: "Obama wants to force this rock to go to an elite college. Most of my voters are almost as dumb as this rock. They're not a bunch of elitists! What do they need with college?"
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on February 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM · Report this
care bear 9
Shit, I'd better go home and change.
Posted by care bear on February 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM · Report this
venomlash 10
I like how the Catholics are telling India that it needs to watch out for things that are against its culture. Excuse me, but Hinduism is a little closer to India's heart than Catholicism, and it's NOT uptight about sex the way a lot of other religions are.
Posted by venomlash on February 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM · Report this
dirac 11
Oh, I totally know what Rachel Bilson is talking about. I'm all about the slutty dresses though.
Posted by dirac on February 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM · Report this
Dougsf 12
How'd Larry Flint get on stage at a Santorum rally?
Posted by Dougsf on February 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM · Report this
Fnarf 13
Shale is pretty common around dinosaur remains, right? Like Santorum's worldview?
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on February 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM · Report this
venomlash 14
@13: Shale is an offshore deposit in most cases, the result of sediment slowly settling to the bottom of a river delta or the continental shelf. Dinosaurs, being terrestrial, tend to be preserved in riparine deposits, such as mudstones.
Posted by venomlash on February 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM · Report this