It's worth reminding people just what Blunt's legislation would do, as described by someone extremely well informed: Blunt himself:
“The Respect the Rights of Conscience Act doesn’t mention any medical procedure. It doesn’t mention anything specifically. It treats Christian Scientists like Catholics, and Muslims just like Methodists,” Blunt says. “The principle is you cannot tell people they have to do things that violate their faith beliefs. It’s as simple as that.”

Note that Blunt himself invoked Christian Scientists. Observant Christian Scientists are opposed to medical care. Period. This is a law that as described by its author would literally make health insurance meaningless. And it's one that Willard "Mitt" Romney dare not oppose.
Posted by Warren Terra on February 29, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
Zebes 2
If I'm a doctor, and I'm inspired by my religious convictions to deny someone help because I think they deserve to suffer and/or die, are my beliefs protected by all this religion-pandering hootenanny?
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on February 29, 2012 at 4:10 PM · Report this
Phoebe in Wallingford 3
Well, on the bright side he might flip back after we wins the nomination.
Posted by Phoebe in Wallingford on February 29, 2012 at 4:12 PM · Report this
Karlheinz Arschbomber 4
It's all bloody-rag waving hiding the true single platform item: Get Rid of the Black Guy.
Posted by Karlheinz Arschbomber http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arschbombe on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 AM · Report this
I am quite religious and I completely believe that each one has his belief's.
foreclosed homes las vegas
Posted by austinnd on March 1, 2012 at 2:07 AM · Report this
So access to contraception is going to be an election issue. Wonder why Repubs think that this is a winning issue for them.
Posted by Patricia Kayden on March 1, 2012 at 4:42 AM · Report this