I said I wasn't going to watch that shit, but then I was intrigued by the mental image of the Indigo Girls post-ex-gay camp... so I watched it. And that's pretty much what it is.
Posted by alicepenguin on March 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM · Report this
It's a catchy tune, and "we'll have justice for the unborn, factories back from offshor'n", well, where else can you get lyrics like that?
Posted by crone on March 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM · Report this
lukeiscool 3
God did give us a bill of rights, so I'm voting for Santorum. I'm voting for the back-up bongo drummer as well.
Posted by lukeiscool on March 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 4
Sweet Chaos! Even though #2 and #5 are essentially contradictory, I want to push all the buttons more than in any previous poll. I certainly cannot choose between #4 and #5.

Could we get a #6: "I want to see the Dixie Chicks beat those girls AND Frothy to death with axe handles." I could commit to that.

"factories back from offshor'n"

So, he's planning to lower the minimum wage to about $1.75? And also the maximum wage? 'Cause that's what it would take.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on March 7, 2012 at 5:05 PM · Report this
Better than I thought it was going to be. Heartened by the fact that most of the people in the video aren't old enough to vote. Dismayed that they will be someday and thought singing the praises of Rick Santorum was a good idea. Surprised that the song didn't involve more man on dog action.
Posted by carrma on March 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM · Report this
Zebes 6
Gay On!
Don't vote for Rick!
We need a prez who doesn't stress when other dudes like dick!
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on March 7, 2012 at 5:12 PM · Report this
mylesleo 7
Are these those Nazi twins under a new name?
Posted by mylesleo on March 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM · Report this
dwightmoodyforgetsthings 8
I'm stealing the Indigo Girls joke.

@7- Prussian Blue? Nah, they're too young to be Lynx and Lamb (who have renounced White Supremacism, though they're still anti-Semites).
Posted by dwightmoodyforgetsthings http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceclop on March 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM · Report this
I don't always log into youtube, but when I do, it's to downvote the shit out of garbage like that
Posted by soundslikepuget on March 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM · Report this
That was hilarious, but they've got to be joking with lines like "cause God gave us the bill of rights"...
Posted by Hanoumatoi on March 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 11
Umm... time to retake history, girls. It was James Madison, not god, who gave us the Bill of Rights. Arguably, secondary credit should go to John Locke.

You Christianists can take credit for the bible if you insist, but you don't get to take credit for the Bill of Rights.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on March 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM · Report this
If I couldn't understand the lyrics.... it would still be pretty mediocre cookie-cutter girlfolk. Add in the fact that it's about ex-senator frothy, and it loses its innocuous-if-boring charm.
Posted by Nitidiuscula on March 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM · Report this
The Max 13
It just makes me sad to see any woman buying into Frothy's blatantly self-contradictory health platform.
Posted by The Max on March 7, 2012 at 6:29 PM · Report this
Anti-m 14
Oh no. And thus, a new wave of Rick Rolling is born.

I'm partial to Josh Woodward's assessment in the comments thread:

"...and at 10:06pm, Eastern Standard Time on March 7th, 2012... music died.

RIP music, 40,000 BC - 2012 AD. You will be missed."
Posted by Anti-m on March 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM · Report this
beatgrl 15
Glad they were able to slip Reagan in there.
Posted by beatgrl on March 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM · Report this
"Oh it's crazy, what's been slipping through our hands"

Honey, if you've got stuff slipping through your hands, santorum is just about the last thing you need.
Posted by Zeusifer on March 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM · Report this
wingedkat 17
At first I thought that was some sort of re-purposed 80s video. wow.
Posted by wingedkat on March 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM · Report this
Times are changin' back!
Posted by codswallower on March 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM · Report this
ItsAllOverNow 19
@9 FTW
Posted by ItsAllOverNow http://nowaybro.blogspot.com/ on March 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 20
Is this some sort of parody? Some sort of joke song? I just ask since when I first heard of Westboro Baptist Church I honestly thought it was a satirical group from off Broadway that had really bad taste.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on March 8, 2012 at 5:36 AM · Report this
I'd hit 'em both

....uh, as soon as they turn 18, naturally....
Posted by catsnbanjos on March 8, 2012 at 6:23 AM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 22
As I exclaimed loudly and angrily the other day...much to the confusion of my cat....God did NOT give us rights and freedoms! That comes from a government for the people, by the people (you know that theoretical kind).

Just ask the Christians in countries with oppressive regimes/dictatorships. And I am a Christian who might thank God that I live where I do... but I know that this world fails unless we take responsible care of it and each other. It comes under that whole free will thing...

I might hold that following the only law Christ left us with (Love) would assure equal rights for all...but that's probably just opening the door for man-on-dog relationships.

And if the two girls started to make out in the video, I think it would have a stronger message...just saying...
Posted by ArtBasketSara on March 8, 2012 at 7:49 AM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 23
Oh and I live in Canada not the US...I'm sorry. But thanks for the entertainment! Our boring government just quietly amasses control and basically has no real opposition...everything is highly managed by our disturbing and far too intelligent Prime Minister who has wet dreams of making us a "Super Power" (oh boy).

He also enjoys sweater vests though! So that's something...
Posted by ArtBasketSara on March 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM · Report this
To those 528 people who took the poll and clicked on "I'm not going to watch that shit," I have a message: this is the most (unintentionally) hilarious thing you are going to see in 2012! It's a laugh riot!

I clicked on "It's like if the Indigo Girls were forced to go to ex-gay camp." Operative word = (unintentional) camp!

Posted by Clayton on March 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 25
@6 "Gay On!"

Way to bring The Awesome!
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on March 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 26
The fragment of this song that's stuck in my head keeps reminding me of "Freewheel" by Team Dresch, which doesn't make a fuckload of sense.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on March 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM · Report this
Big Matt G 27
Couldn't they find just one black guy to be in the video. He wouldn't have to be in there long...
Posted by Big Matt G on March 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM · Report this