ryanayr 1
Jesus ladies, get a room!
Posted by ryanayr on March 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM · Report this
seandr 2
Female sexuality is one of the last frontiers.
Posted by seandr on March 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM · Report this
Ha! And my boyfriend thought I was crazy when I told him I come from yoga.

Glad to know I'm not a complete mutant.
Posted by Zuulabelle http://www.mellophant.com on March 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM · Report this
"It took only five weeks to recruit the 370 women who experienced the phenomenon."

Must have been some weird-ass locker room talk.
Posted by Steeeeverino on March 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM · Report this
This is news? It has to do with a woman's ability to have vaginal orgasms. And her omega-3 fatty acid levels.

No one listens to me. Call teh whaaambulance.

What would be interesting is to see how the frequency varies between all-women and coed gyms, in other words, if male pheromones wafting around have an effect.
Posted by Marrena on March 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM · Report this
Good thing Men don't get them - that would be embarrassing
Posted by jasha1 on March 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM · Report this
Sandiai 9
Of those who experience coregasms:

"69 percent identified themselves as heterosexual"

I thought that was an unusual statistic.
Posted by Sandiai on March 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM · Report this
rob! 10
If only some of the women in the Phyllis Schlafly brigades were aware of what powers were theirs to wield, they might not be salivating for Santorum.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on March 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM · Report this
venomlash 11
@8: Exactly what I thought. I'd hate to have to change clothes every time I wanted to do some crunches.

@9: What, because the number 69 came up, or because the prevalence of heterosexuality in the overall female population is closer to 90%?
Could be that lesbian women are more likely to lift, or there could be some actual correlation between sexual orientation and tendency to orgasm from abdominal workouts. Or maybe lesbian women are just more likely to recognize or report such tendencies.
Posted by venomlash on March 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM · Report this
Chelydra_serpentina 12
Damn. All I've ever gotten from abdominal exercises are exhausted and sore.

(And coregasms aside, anyone who says exercise produces endorphins that make you feel fantastic is a big fucking liar.)
Posted by Chelydra_serpentina on March 19, 2012 at 12:47 PM · Report this
mydriasis 13
Yeah, nothing says incentive like "masturbating in public".
Pass.
Posted by mydriasis on March 19, 2012 at 1:27 PM · Report this
mydriasis 14
@12

"anyone who says exercise produces endorphins that make you feel fantastic is a big fucking liar"

we're kindred spirits!!
Posted by mydriasis on March 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 15
If I could have coregasms, I'd never leave the gym.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on March 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM · Report this
Megaera 16
Orgasms while lifting weights or climbing poles? Sounds a bit... hazardous.
Posted by Megaera on March 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM · Report this
venomlash 17
@12: Eh, there's a certain pleasure in being sore, fatigued, and generally worn-out. But hey, maybe that's just my slight masochistic tendencies talking.
Posted by venomlash on March 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM · Report this
I find that yoga and pilates both will achive the desired effect. I think that controlled breathing plays a part in this as well. Just a theory.
Posted by catballou on March 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM · Report this
julie russell 19
There are 2 weight machines that can give you an 0 as well...and no one will know...that's just your "working hard" face.
Posted by julie russell http:// on March 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM · Report this
Not only that, but as far as I'm concerned, the only orgasms I have are coregasms. If I don't flex my abs during masturbation or sex, I don't come at all.
As a kid, before I realised I could touch myself, I achieved orgasms by climbing rope. At the time I didn't connect the pleasure with my genitals at all, I thought it was ab related.
Posted by Avistew on March 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM · Report this
Gosh, it's a pity that PsychologyToday is generally full of complete and utter horseshit ...
Posted by happyhedonist on March 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM · Report this
BEG 22
Dunno about exercise, but I believe it. Meditation (believe it or not -- try sitting rohatsu sometime) can do it. Er, and so can motorcycles, but anyone surprised at *that* needs to have their head examined.
Posted by BEG http://twitter.com/#!/browneyedgirl65 on March 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM · Report this
I have definitely found myself getting a bit, umm, stimulated when doing certain weight-lifting exercises. But I always find it kinda uncomfortable, so I stop before I reach an actual "coregasm."
Posted by ridia on March 20, 2012 at 8:02 AM · Report this
Helix 25
I told my girlfriend this and she said "why don't I have that? that's bullshit!"
Posted by Helix on March 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM · Report this