Waitaminute - the photo makes me wonder - is your Satellite party going to be in the not-really-the-Space-Needle-goddamit lower level, or in the actual Space Needle tippy-top thing?
Posted by gloomy gus on March 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM · Report this
alithea 2
oh gloomy gus, you have such low expectations of us!

the o-deck/observation deck/orgasm deck (tm mike nipper)/The Very Top is where everybody gets to hang out -- the GA section, with DJs and performances and all that good stuff.

the skyline level is where the VIP cosmonauts lounge will be -- the most swanked out, spaced out lounge for VIPers only, with special exclusive performances by shunpike artists and genius award winners and a live soundtrack by zeke keeble and swag bags and open bars and basically the best thing $75 has bought you since 1962 when the needle was first needled.
Posted by alithea on March 23, 2012 at 11:48 AM · Report this
Phew - thank you, alithea. I didn't mean to insult, it's just I'm a worrier.
Posted by gloomy gus on March 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM · Report this
GlamB0t 4
Can I wear my Superman inspired dress if I am coming directly from Comic Con?
Posted by GlamB0t on March 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM · Report this
kitschnsync 5
It's a killer deal, if you think about it.

Spring for the VIP tickets, folks. You'll end up spending the extra $40 on booze anyway, after your drink tickets are gone.
Posted by kitschnsync on March 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM · Report this
alithea 6
@4 of course! just make sure to make yourself a tin-foil hat at the tin-foil hat making station so you fit in with the rest of us.
Posted by alithea on March 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM · Report this
Dougsf 7
@3 - I'm not even there, but I worried the same thing. Glad it's not the case. Does the O-level rotate as well? I haven't been up there since I was little.

I can only imagine the disappoint of each and every person who exists that elevator to their destination only 1/5 of the way up.

From this angle, it looks like the Space Needle is wearing a Borat costume.
Posted by Dougsf on March 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM · Report this
@3 & 7

The O Deck is for all the partiers, VIP and General Awesomes. That's where we all go to make our "O" face.
Posted by imcarey on March 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM · Report this
Fnarf 9
If they pull that thing back and blow the lid off the Space Needle I'm going to be PISSED.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on March 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM · Report this
COMTE 10
Are we sure this isn't something to do with Breast Cancer Awareness? Because that image makes it look like the Space Needle just had a mastectomy...
Posted by COMTE http://www.chriscomte.com on March 23, 2012 at 1:02 PM · Report this
Josh Bis 11
Wait -- isn't "Skyline Level" the name for that lower banquet room? That's the VIP deck?

Or am I misinterpreting the flashy nomenclature on the Space Needle's website?
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on March 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM · Report this
Simone 12
That pink angry bird looks like a nipple.
Posted by Simone on March 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM · Report this
yelahneb 13
My first thought was "ball gag".
Posted by yelahneb http://www.strangebutharmless.com on March 23, 2012 at 8:46 PM · Report this
@11 - it is true. Skyline level is way lower down in the Space Needle than the Observation deck. It's okay to feel sad about that, but once you see it your sadness will be radiated. We just got a new sponsored item for the VIP gift bags: http://www.greenwoodspacetravelsupply.co…
Posted by totallycarey on March 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM · Report this