Line Out Comments

LEE. 1
Oh crap...you nailed my personality there in the third paragraph.

Also, I'm glad I finally got to see The Cramps back maybe ten years ago, but even by then Lux was old and nowhere near as agile and active as friends who had seen them back in the 80's and 90's had described to me. He was still definitely entertaining, weirdly charismatic and as hilariously insane as I could have expected. RIP.
Posted by LEE. on March 24, 2012 at 1:14 AM · Report this
This column has replaced the beloved, long-running Stranger standard, "Gay Men React to Watching Football for the First Time" and it's only slightly funnier.
Posted by Troll Recognize Troll on March 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM · Report this
cosby 3
"I can't tell if they're joking? I think they're joking."

They are joking. The joke is on the audience. They laugh at their fans from beyond the grave.
Posted by cosby http://www.myspace.com/cosbyshownights on March 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM · Report this
bella 4
"I think they're joking. This sounds like a punk version of the B-52s to me (I still don't know what "punk" means, by the way, other than "kinda shitty at music but in a good way." So that's probably wrong, they're probably rock or something.*) But they definitely sound like they're having a ton of fun."

You totally get it.
They are joking, they are kinda punk rock, and they are DEFINITELY having a ton of fun. Cramps live = one of the best shows I've seen, and I've seen a thousand and something. Also, they are incredibly nice people.
Posted by bella http://twitter.com/littlewords on March 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM · Report this
ballard dude 5
I had the great pleasure to see the Cramps live, supporting the 'Stay Sick' album @ The Moore, late '80's. Best moment in the show... Lux Interior wearing a silver jock/thong, stiletto heels (and nothing else), and basically squatting at the edge of the stage while singing and having the fans reach up and cup his balls. Pure gold.
Posted by ballard dude on March 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM · Report this
ballard dude 6
For me, one of the best 2 or 3 shows I've seen ever...
Posted by ballard dude on March 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM · Report this
they are totally "wtf?' absolutely amazing in my opinion. live, they're the shit. serious rock and roll. if a band doesn't have a sense of humor wether they show it or not, what the fuck are they being paid musicians for?
Posted by lunch and stuff on April 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM · Report this