Newest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
While getting our coats from the ground level coat check end of the night I saw a guy with two VIP gift backs being hassled by a space needle employee and soon the security guard. Lo and behold, glowing through the cloth of one of his gift backs were three of the LED tea light candles that were on the tables... seems he thought those might be included in his $75/person VIP ticket. Reminds me of the college days of sneaking a shot glass or pint glass out of a bar. Except you didn't have to pay $75 to get in.
Posted by Foil hats will protect us on April 3, 2012 at 11:37 PM · Report this
@14 - Ok, where do I start? How about you're an asshole.
Posted by stu ungar on April 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM · Report this
Aurora Erratic 15
I originally misread the headline "...that will go to straight Seattle artists." And I was all," Whaaa?"
Posted by Aurora Erratic http://www.finemesspottery.com on April 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM · Report this
OK- Where do I start?
everyone, see picture 58. Does that one go something like-"I'll get you my pretty, and your shitty art career too! AH-hahahaheheheehe! seriously Graves ug-g-g-lee!

and for the rest of the commentary-ummm, let's try, boring, middle class, somewhat geriatric, forced, un-stylish, tired, and by the looks of it, dull(even WITH the VIP lounge, wow cool).

"Who ARE all these people?" comes to mind
and 10k-sad, but maybe that speaks to how pathetic and misquided those stupid GENIUS awards really are Jen. And I agree with the Chihuly comments...H-I-P-P-O-C-R-I-T-E!!!
Posted by betterthingstodo on April 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM · Report this
Bub 13
@imcarey: Thanks for the update. Sounds like Shunpike probably made out very well! Terrific organization.
Posted by Bub on April 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM · Report this
Josh Bis 12
Glad to have dodged the slideshow. I have a feeling that we were a sloppy absinthe-soaked mess by the time we evacuated from the saucer section.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on April 2, 2012 at 5:57 PM · Report this
I hope they got those mini-marshmallows out of the carpet okay. That food fight after last call was epic.
Posted by Anodyne on April 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM · Report this
@7 - 10K was just Genius take, the rest went to Shunpike.
@9 - you're a sweetheart.

Posted by imcarey on April 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM · Report this
ah so you must have cashed the check since you're back to dissing chihuly after he sponsored your party.

i'll drop their generic comments email a couple quick screenshots of why they should never give you a dime.
Posted by Swearengen on April 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 8
Fnarf: Haa Haa Haa! Good one!
Posted by Dr_Awesome on April 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM · Report this
Bub 7
Only $10,000 were raised? Or was that just The Stranger's take, with the rest going to Shunpike?
Posted by Bub on April 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM · Report this
Fnarf 6
@5, As I look at these pictures, my reaction now is to say to myself over and over, "oh, look, another woman who wouldn't touch John Bailo's arm for $600".
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on April 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 5

Based on all the ugly nerd dudes with fairly attractive consorts I imagine there were a lot of $600 transactions to "Seattle Security Services" and so forth.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on April 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM · Report this
Slideshow now. Technical problem fixed.
Posted by Jen Graves on April 2, 2012 at 2:03 PM · Report this
@1 Yes.
Posted by Also, the link is actually broken on April 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM · Report this
There is no slideshow.
Posted by tkc on April 2, 2012 at 1:50 PM · Report this
When I click the head photo, it only brings me to that image, not a slideshow. Am I doing something wrong?
Posted by nwilhelmy on April 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM · Report this