Someday this war on drugs will end and Mr. Kiley will have to go back to writing about theater.
Posted by Ken Mehlman on April 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 2
Legalizing drugs? Seems like a good idea. I wonder why no one's thought of this before?
Posted by Urgutha Forka on April 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 3
but who will provide cheap prison labor to replace slave workers if we don't lock up blacks and hispanics for drug crimes?

... think about it before you flame me on this. that's the actual decision.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on April 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM · Report this
Posted by NaFun http://www.dancesafe.org on April 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM · Report this
PassMeMyCane 5
The media hysteria over kratom reminds me of the '60s hysteria over smoking banana peels (a supposed "high" that was bogus). I was in high school then and, believe me, parents were flipping out with worry. Somehow the nation survived.
Posted by PassMeMyCane on April 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM · Report this
@ 1. Believe me: The day my biggest concern is some actor's elocution in a Sophocles play, instead of gore and mayhem due to the pigheaded failure of a federal drug policy that doesn't work, will be a day to celebrate.

It'll be champagne for everyone on my tab.
Posted by Brendan Kiley on April 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM · Report this
Anyone buying heroin isn't a kid, whatever their age may be.
Posted by Approaching 40 in LA on April 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM · Report this
@7 "It'll be champagne for everyone on my tab."

I expect folks will want something a bit stronger at that party.
Posted by Ken Mehlman on April 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM · Report this
Dougsf 10
I'm still trying to get a hold of some Cake before it's outlawed here too! Anyone?
Posted by Dougsf on April 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM · Report this
Before i could get drugs, I smoked my couch.

THAT sucked, but it got me high; and it was legal.

(I was afraid of gasoline... I know, I know.. I shoulda just gone with the crowd and huffed gas; but I just HAD to be cool and stuff naugahyde in my bong.)

Anyway, what the fuck were we saying about prohibition-whack-a-mole?
Posted by SweetDarkLord on April 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM · Report this
Why not just prohibit "being high," or "experiencing pleasure." Seems that's what these assholes are really afraid of.
Posted by andie on April 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
aliencoffebandit 14
@13 because alcohol and tobacco have to remain legal. consistency is way too much to ask for with these people
Posted by aliencoffebandit on April 27, 2012 at 5:33 PM · Report this
Mischa Vainburg 15
AMEN
Posted by Mischa Vainburg http://squidbasedink.wordpress.com on April 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM · Report this