seattlestew 1
The real joke is your stubborn, bone deep conviction that somehow, somewhere, all of this makes sense! That's what cracks me up each time!
Posted by seattlestew on April 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM · Report this
Knat 2
This is just one of many weird, weird turns that Batman has taken over the years. Here's a list compiled by Cracked, with the "Rainbow Creature" at #1. And here's another. (They're totally gay-bones for Batman over at Cracked.)
Posted by Knat on April 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM · Report this
Posted by skweetis on April 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM · Report this
My first sexual feelings, at age 3: watching a Batman & Robin episode (live-action B&W--that's what was on TV in Outer Mongolia in the mid-70's) in which Robin was tied up & hanging from something, waiting for Batman to come rescue him. I mean, come on.
Posted by Onanista on April 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM · Report this
Doctor Memory 5
The Frank Miller Batman is actually so straight that he comes all the way back around to gay again.
Posted by Doctor Memory http://blahg.blank.org on April 27, 2012 at 3:37 PM · Report this
Dougsf 6
I believe the term is "confirmed bachelor."
Posted by Dougsf on April 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM · Report this
Xenos 7
Batman has and always will be my favorite masked vigilante, he is also as gay as tangerines. I see no conflict here.
Posted by Xenos on April 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM · Report this
DeaconBlues 8
yo, anyone who voted for the last option is an asshole.
Posted by DeaconBlues http://radzillas.blogspot.com/ on April 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM · Report this
sirkowski 9
With Robin, ya, but otherwise I'm not sure how Batman is more gay than the other super-heroes. Morrison is trolling anyway.
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on April 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM · Report this
malcolmxy 10
More gay than Aquaman?
Posted by malcolmxy on April 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 11

Wasn't this more than implied by the SNL parody, Ambiguously Gay Duo?

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on April 27, 2012 at 5:38 PM · Report this
Cephalodude 12
Grant Morrison writes a damn good Batman ish, that's for sure.
Posted by Cephalodude on April 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM · Report this
Knat 13
Also, Oswald, as the voice of Batman? Blech.
Posted by Knat on April 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM · Report this
Will Brooker asserted he was in his Batman Unmasked, FWIW
Posted by UberAlles on April 27, 2012 at 7:52 PM · Report this
@11 Damn it! You beat me to it!
Posted by floater on April 27, 2012 at 7:53 PM · Report this
No, Paul, you're the only other guy along with bankster Bruce Wayne who would want a ward named Dick, the rest of us prefer our young wards to be female and named Tiffany.

Posted by sgt_doom on April 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM · Report this
Eh... I prefer to think he's just not motivated by sex. With Robin, i.e. "boy I adopted and indoctrinated into my insane crusade (and whose crime fighting alter ego doesn't wear pants)"... there might be something sexual going on there but I'm not sure it's a good example of what we call gay. Creepy, hell yes. More pedophilic/self-aggrandizing than gay, though, I think.
Posted by Nitidiuscula on April 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM · Report this
I've always thought so. He's some rich bachelor who houses this twink who's a circus performer and no doubt has remarkable flexibility. He's always turning down Catwoman and ladies at cocktail parties.
Posted by bleepinbleep on April 29, 2012 at 5:51 AM · Report this