Newest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Knat 9
@8: *not forged that relationship.
Posted by Knat on April 29, 2012 at 12:45 AM · Report this
Knat 8
This makes me very sad. I have a friend who was knifed shortly after moving to Seattle to attend AiS. Thankfully it wasn't serious, so he didn't tell his family because he knew they'd freak out and move him back home. I would hate to think about how different my life would be had I forged that relationship. Sadly, a lot of other people won't get a similar opportunity.
Posted by Knat on April 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 7

I blame all the people who may have spread the idea that Pioneer Square is remotely liveable.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on April 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 6
So sad, a life stamped out for no reason whatsoever. I hope the animals that killed her will be brought to justice.

Posted by Cascadian Bacon on April 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM · Report this
rob! 5
>"highly dysfunctional culture that celebrates violence and guns"

Checked out the marquee at the Hell Plaza Octoplex lately? How about the video-games and "sporting goods" departments at the local Wal-Mart? Briefly describe both who's shopping and what's on offer.

But I prefer to focus on the victim rather than the perpetrators. It would be fine-and-dandy if someone passed the hat at the memorial and set up a Nicole Westbrook scholarship at your local accredited cooking school. Set up an online link, and I'll donate too.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on April 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM · Report this
Just Jeff 4
This woman rode my bus in the late hours several days before she died. I remember driving by the scene after it happened. I didn't know until now who she was. Very sad.
Posted by Just Jeff on April 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM · Report this
"They ARE more prone to violence"

Genetically and racially they're not, they just come from a highly dysfunctional culture that celebrates violence and guns, and all the while earnest white liberals pat them on the back, encourage the behavior and tell them 'it's not your fault'.

And yes, I avoid groups of young blacks males dressed like thugs on the streets at night. If Ms. Westbrook had done that, she'd be alive today.
Posted by John Derbyshire on April 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM · Report this
A black man did it. Why won't you say so?
Posted by They ARE more prone to violence on April 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM · Report this
Suspects?