Cato the Younger Younger 1
I only regret we won't elect a socialist leader.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on May 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM · Report this
Vince 2
Tougher regulations? Fuck! Half should already be in prison!
Posted by Vince on May 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 3

The thing I want to know is how come French politicians get all the hot babes to be their "partner".

I mean how does a guy who's name sounds like a new sauce for breakfast sandwiches get to bed this every night:…

Yeah..Valerie Trierweiler.

You know what...we don't even have stuff that looks like her around here!!
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http:// on May 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM · Report this
TVDinner 5
@3: By treating them like human beings and not "stuff?"
Posted by TVDinner http:// on May 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM · Report this
Original Andrew 6
Yeah, remember when the Socialists deregulated the banks, started all kinds of foreign wars based on lies, and then caused the economic collapse 2008? I can see why Wall Street is worried.
Posted by Original Andrew on May 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM · Report this
lark 7
Well, I'm not too worried. The French have had a Socialist as President (Mitterand) before. Wall Street should know better. They will be fine.
Posted by lark on May 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM · Report this
the ransom note says if we elect a socialist, our abductors are totally going to off everyone. we better listen to what they say, they have computer money.
Posted by peskypoop on May 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 9
Who cares what a bunch of welfare queens think? When those incompetent neurotics on Wall Street go out and get a real job, I'll pay attention to their hand-wringing.
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay on May 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM · Report this
Keister Button 10
Sadly I have not seen this "socialist election" lead to a spike in gold prices. Must be a slow news day or mistranslation.
Posted by Keister Button on May 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM · Report this
Gerald Fnord 11
@8: After Cleavon Little's character in "Blazing Saddles":
One more move and the banker gets it.
Posted by Gerald Fnord on May 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM · Report this
That article fills me with the glee of anti-banksta schadenfreude. Here's hoping Hollande implements every one of those policies that Wall Street fears! Especially the 75% top tax rate! (But not the lowering of the retirement age. You're a lovely country, dear France, but you really need to stop mismanaging your pension system.)
Posted by I have always been... east coaster on May 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM · Report this