Cato the Younger Younger 1
I only regret we won't elect a socialist leader.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on May 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM · Report this
Vince 2
Tougher regulations? Fuck! Half should already be in prison!
Posted by Vince on May 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 3

The thing I want to know is how come French politicians get all the hot babes to be their "partner".

I mean how does a guy who's name sounds like a new sauce for breakfast sandwiches get to bed this every night:

Yeah..Valerie Trierweiler.

You know what...we don't even have stuff that looks like her around here!!
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on May 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM · Report this
Umm... Wait a minute. I thought the whole idea is, markets hate regulation. If France adopts tighter regulations in the wake of M. Hollande's election, shouldn't that mean a windfall for NY & London as capital migrates accordingly? Or is this yet another example of personal preferences (on "Wall Street's" part, this time) trumping the desire to make money?
Posted by Hal O'Brien on May 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM · Report this
TVDinner 5
@3: By treating them like human beings and not "stuff?"
Posted by TVDinner http:// on May 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM · Report this
Original Andrew 6
Yeah, remember when the Socialists deregulated the banks, started all kinds of foreign wars based on lies, and then caused the economic collapse 2008? I can see why Wall Street is worried.
Posted by Original Andrew on May 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM · Report this
lark 7
Charles,
Well, I'm not too worried. The French have had a Socialist as President (Mitterand) before. Wall Street should know better. They will be fine.
Posted by lark on May 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM · Report this
the ransom note says if we elect a socialist, our abductors are totally going to off everyone. we better listen to what they say, they have computer money.
Posted by peskypoop on May 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 9
Who cares what a bunch of welfare queens think? When those incompetent neurotics on Wall Street go out and get a real job, I'll pay attention to their hand-wringing.
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on May 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM · Report this
Keister Button 10
Sadly I have not seen this "socialist election" lead to a spike in gold prices. Must be a slow news day or mistranslation.
Posted by Keister Button on May 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM · Report this
@8: After Cleavon Little's character in "Blazing Saddles":
One more move and the banker gets it.
Posted by Gerald Fnord on May 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM · Report this
That article fills me with the glee of anti-banksta schadenfreude. Here's hoping Hollande implements every one of those policies that Wall Street fears! Especially the 75% top tax rate! (But not the lowering of the retirement age. You're a lovely country, dear France, but you really need to stop mismanaging your pension system.)
Posted by I have always been... east coaster on May 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM · Report this