Savage Love Podcast Comments

Fancy's_Pants 1
"Otherwise Jesus will throw up on your wedding cake."

"Virginity is like a little garden gnome with tall hair that lives in your vagina; you put a penis in there and it has to move away."

Fuck, okay. Dan. Je t'adore! I love you! LOL

Please everyone, don't forget to show your support for the Dan Savage Job Protection Act!
Posted by Fancy's_Pants on May 29, 2012 at 7:16 AM · Report this
Lovely, lovely rant. But -

DROWNING.
KITTENS!!!!!
Posted by vennominon on May 29, 2012 at 7:27 AM · Report this
kaboobie 3
Dan, the introductory rant was among your finest ever. I know people who would be uncomfortable listening to the sex advice, but if I can convince them listen to at least one of your rants I think they'll be sold on the podcast.

Also, was the first caller not the clearest case of DTMFA ever? I'm glad you talked to her and teased out her guilt over him having moved to be with her, etcetera, because otherwise it was only worth the one-word (one-acronym?) answer.
Posted by kaboobie on May 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM · Report this
RE: live show: $22? Nope—$32!:

Savage Love Live!
Wednesday, 6/13/12, 8:00PM PDT
The Neptune Seattle, WA
Type Section Row Seat Price
Adult GEN ADM GEN 192
$21.00
Facility Fee ($1.00 per ticket) $1.00
Per ticket service charge ($6.50 per ticket) $6.50
Price for 1 Ticket: $28.50
Per Order Fee: $3.25
Current Amount Due: $31.75
Posted by rmisaac on May 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM · Report this
@4 quit your bitching, the money is for a good cause. You're supporting marriage equality and a local theater.
Posted by wxPDX on May 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM · Report this
AHHHH! Garfunkel and Oates!!! I'm so jealous! I absolutely adore them! Wish I was on the west coast! Welp-- play Sex With Ducks for me, I'll be there in spirit. :'(
Posted by deadkittens on May 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM · Report this
Why is the last caller keeping naked pictures of herself on her computer if she is devastated when her boyfriend looks at them? Get rid of the pictures!
Posted by dregatsog on May 30, 2012 at 5:02 PM · Report this
@7: I don't think she objects to him looking at them, only to him sending them to himself and thus having a copy he can keep even if they break up and can share with whomever.

Also, the girl who doesn't like the hair-pulling and face-driven-in-the-pillow stuff might want to figure out if she's okay with roughness that doesn't have to do with her head. Even though Dan said that the stuff she described was "pretty soft-core for hardcore", I kind of disagree with him. Soft-core/hardcore sensation depends a lot on the person- I love having my ass and boobs smacked around with canes or floggers and I love clothespins on my nipples and clit, but I HATE having my hair pulled and having my face thrust into a pillow. I don't like the sensation of not being able to breathe, and my scalp is super-sensitive so hair-pulling hurts a lot more than pretty much anything else a person can do.

I think she should try other kinds of roughness with him and see if there's stuff that feels more like a wrestling match and less like pain and degradation. Maybe if she makes him chase her around, grab her and bring her back to bed, but he can't touch her head and he has to place her face up.
Posted by alguna_rubia on May 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM · Report this
No drowning kittens, damn it!
Posted by oneironaut on May 31, 2012 at 1:44 PM · Report this
Just wanted to commend the 19 year old for thinking before dating the alcoholic. Most 19-year-olds who were feeling down about not ever being with someone before wouldn't hesitate to date a 29 year old, no matter their baggage. You stopped and thought about it, didn't just jump in when he talked about a real relationship, and that is damn hard. Good job on calling Dan first!
Posted by Kella on May 31, 2012 at 4:20 PM · Report this
I love you. You are my hero. But, while I love it when you talk about the random hypocrisy and evil in the bible in general, I have to add my screeching whine: NO DROWNING KITTENS....Kill the adulterers, stone them all....but leave the kitties alone!
Posted by msemma on June 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM · Report this
1) I officially nominate the Savage Love Podcoast Episode 293 as the most boring S.L. Podcast EVER.

2) Leave your fucking hands off kittens if you have anything on your mind other than loving their kitteny selves.

3) If you, in your rather extreme youth, create two (2) guys who exploit your naked photos on the Internet, you not only need to DTMFsA, you need to take some time off for serious introspection, because something is up with you and the real problem is not out there.

4) Apparently I'm going to have to go out and create some juicy problems for Daniel to solve on his next podcast. And they will not involve "pussy," which was the word of the day, I presume.
Posted by parisimo on June 2, 2012 at 7:42 AM · Report this
naked pic girl with trust issues: julia?
Posted by asdfg on June 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM · Report this
Very Great report. I like him so well because it's just me and this happened to me before. I would like to know how it's been going on or what did you feel afterwards?
eLoveBase.com
Posted by eLoveBase Erotikportal on June 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM · Report this
I knew a school teacher who taught at a catholic school who admitted to her students that she and her HUSBAND only have anal sex because she is "saving her virginity for Jesus." And now I have a term for that. Thanks for 'saddleback' Dan, don't know how we would talk about sex without you.
Posted by Vocabulary lesson on July 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM · Report this

We're sorry, but commenting won't be available while we switch over to the new MAGNUM version of the Lovecast. Your comments will be back up tomorrow- please come back and let us know what you think!