Cato the Younger Younger 1
If you run for President don't DARE speak the truth about there being two Americas. You will be destroyed.

Sorry, but this was nothing but a fucking show trial put on by the corporate powers that be to prove a point. DON'T FUCK WITH THEM!
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on May 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM · Report this
My, that was an excellent use of the taxpayers' money, wasn't it!
Posted by Quite Contrary on May 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM · Report this
The Max 3
I predict once his looks mellow down to the silver fox stage, say what, five or ten years? he'll redeem himself and once again distinguish himself in public life. The American popular memory ain't getting any longer after all.
Posted by The Max on May 31, 2012 at 2:42 PM · Report this
Maybe he and Bunny Mellon can do Dancing With the Stars next year.
Posted by gloomy gus on May 31, 2012 at 2:42 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 5
My God.

For once I agree with @1.

Seriously, move on already, you failed show trial Gestapo MSMers!
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on May 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 6
@5, I wish you wouldn't ever agree with me Will
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on May 31, 2012 at 2:52 PM · Report this
LogopolisMike 7
@4 That was maybe the first time this story has made me laugh yet. Thanks.

Seriously, wtf was the point of the judge sending them back if two hours later, he declares a mistrial? "Go sit in your room for 20 minutes..."
Posted by LogopolisMike http://logopolis.typepad.com on May 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM · Report this
Just Jeff 8
@1,

No, Edwards was and is a genuine douchebag. Too bad, really. We dodged a bullet on that one.
Posted by Just Jeff on May 31, 2012 at 3:16 PM · Report this
You could comment on how the mighty have fallen but he was never anything but a blow-dried ambulance chaser and a liability the already weak 2004 ticket. This very paper was part of the mass delusion when it referred to him as "a 21st century Atticus Finch" after the 2004 VP debate.
Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces on May 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM · Report this
Vince 10
Ugh, the man is gross. I suggest he become a preacher. He already has the hair and the phoney nature.
Posted by Vince on May 31, 2012 at 3:47 PM · Report this
I agree that this guy was a clumsy and sleazy ambulance chaser who knocked up Garth from Wayne's World nearly dragging down the entire Democratic Party. But hell, at least he made good on child support.
Posted by sall on May 31, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
Adultery is not only common but it is as old as human history. I don't really understand the expectation that officials should behave differently than the people they represent on matters that don't really affect their job. Some form of delusion, I suspect.
Posted by anon1256 on May 31, 2012 at 4:18 PM · Report this
malcolmxy 13
Depending on what the state gathers from juror interviews, this may very well NOT be the last we hear of Edwards or these charges. They still need to save face somewhat, and although Edwards provided them with this out via his statement (not illegal, but "wrong"), it may not be enough.

And, I could give a shit who the man fucks (though, it does seem shitty given his wife's deal), but for Christ's sake. Would it kill him to keep it in his pants while actively campaigning for president?

I may not care, but there are enough people who do that what I think doesn't matter. Wait for a celebratory or "nice try, you'll get 'em next time" BJ from the mistress, would ya?"
Posted by malcolmxy on May 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM · Report this