Line Out Comments

destroythebrain 1
As an ex-Spork, really tough to say, I appreciate this note and its diplomacy. We all loved this band and fought hard for what we got, and I'm very sorry things happened as they did. I wish everyone the best, am excited for everyone's future projects, and I just know every Spork is an in-born performer who will make it big. Good luck, friends!
Posted by destroythebrain on June 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM · Report this
Cordwainer 2
The thought of no Titanium Sporkestra in this world makes me sad. I hope everyone involved finds fertile ground for their talent and creativity wherever they end up. And it's my experience that when a vacuum is created in any community, something soon comes along to fill it. I just hope it's something at least as good.
Posted by Cordwainer on June 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM · Report this
My few experiences as a Spork are some of the richest memories I have as a musician. Thanks ladies and gentlemen for the amazing experiences and for making Seattle a better place to live. I'll always think of the mighty Spork anytime I hear "Jump In The Line," "Ring of Fire," or "California Über Alles." Seey'all in the funny papers (like this one!)
Posted by Billjonestrpt on June 7, 2012 at 5:45 PM · Report this
katrat 4
THANK YOU, SPORKESTRA!!!!!
Posted by katrat http://www.kathrynrathke.com/ on June 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM · Report this
I've been a fan of, and employer of, the Sporkestra since they were just an insanely amazing drumline. I have friends who are Sporks, were Sporks, and wanted to be Sporks. And whenever they performed for an international community (like at Burning Man) I swelled with pride that they hailed from Seattle.

Since we can't go back, I simply look forward to whatever these individuals come up with next. My best wishes to all.
Posted by Buckstar on June 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM · Report this
I was in this band.

Band "leadership" drove me a bit nuts.
I found Kevin/"Cevin" as or more challenging than David.

The whole Burning Man worship thing drove me a bit nuts.

A band this big with this many eccentric people/personalities is hard for anyone to mange.
"Managing" a trio or quartet is hard enough.
As we are a nation of adult infants (of which the Stranger is an endless example).

Hopefully good things will bloom from this decomposition.
Posted by Blacker Sabbath on June 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM · Report this
The Emerald City has lost a little of its sparkle. i always got a kick out of seeing the Sporks play. hopefully a new band or two will rise from the ashes.
Posted by Greenwood_Bob on June 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM · Report this
Thank you, Titanium Sporkestra for giving me some of the best moments of my life. Seriously. It was totally worth the DUI.
Posted by katiesaurus rex on June 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM · Report this
bleedingheartlibertarian 9
Up to 70 performances a year with that big of a lineup? That's fucking impressive, guys. Congratulations, TS, on a great run, and good luck with whatever you all do next.
Posted by bleedingheartlibertarian on June 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM · Report this
HAIL SATAN!! Love, Megatron AKA Major Rabble Rouser
Posted by Megatron the Seatroiter on June 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM · Report this
HAIL SATAN! Love, Megatron AKA Major Rabble Rouser
Posted by Megatron the Seatroiter on June 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM · Report this
SO SAD to be losing Sporkestra. Lots of fun to see and hear, even more fun to jam with. Thanks for all of your music, your work on behalf of the Honk family, and for your ass-kicking attitude. Good luck in the rest of your endeavors!
Posted by pugetsounder on June 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM · Report this
Being in a band with a couple members can be very difficult and trying, so I can only imagine how complicated it is to get consensus from such a large crew. What a great run for Sporkestra though, cheers to everyone, I'm sure some awesome new projects will come from this.
Posted by Alicia1000 on June 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM · Report this
destroythebrain 14
Also, way to only recognize us posthumously, The Stranger.
Posted by destroythebrain on June 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM · Report this