You should have stopped using plastic bags 5-10 years ago when reusable bags popped up everywhere and everyone told you how bad plastic bags were. You didn't, so you get a ban. Next up, poison soda and torture meat.
Public health researchers identified food stored inside a reusable grocery bag or the bag itself as the source of a 2010 norovirus outbreak that sickened seven children and adults from Oregon who attended a soccer tournament in neighboring Washington state.
A study done in 2009 by Dr. Richard Summerbell, research director at Toronto based Sporometrics, uncovered that many bags have bacteria, mold, yeast and even some more disgusting stuff in them.
And those unwelcome bag bugs can cause some very unpleasant things.
The first risk is food poisoning, but other issues include skin infections like boils, allergic reactions, asthma attacks and even ear infections.
Many if not most are reused.