Cato the Younger Younger 1
What does McDermott drive?
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on July 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM · Report this
TVDinner 2
Buwahahahahahahahaha! Because I am married, I am the very unhappy owner of a 1995 Chevy Tahoe. We're lucky if that monstrosity (my husband, who was later made very unhappy for having brought this nightmare into our lives when he was trusted to go car shopping unsupervised, peeled off the letters on the back that spell out "Tahoe" and replaced them with letters that spell out "Titanic") gets 12 miles to the gallon.

It stays parked for weeks a time.

We have even tried to sell it a few times but got no takers. Imagine that.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on July 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM · Report this
STJA 3
/facepalm
Posted by STJA on July 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM · Report this
For climate change! *rimshot*

In all practicality, if you're going around campaigning you probably need to be able to haul a fair amount of people, plus campaign signs and/or pamplets, etc. I don't think a Prius would be too practical in that sense.
Posted by WenWino on July 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM · Report this
Reminds me of this website: Pictures of People Scanning QR-codes

Posted by I Got Nuthin' on July 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM · Report this
Kinison 6

Oh Mr Mayor.... how could you!
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on July 24, 2012 at 1:09 PM · Report this
Campaign sings, candidate, various and sundry items plus volunteers and staff will fit in a prius just fine.
Posted by virtuosobob on July 24, 2012 at 1:09 PM · Report this
Yeah, I feel like the hefty campaign vehicle is probably necessary. Anyway, I'm kind of enjoying those massive stickers. Where can I get those for my car? :)
Posted by saprra on July 24, 2012 at 1:13 PM · Report this
Yeah, I feel like the hefty campaign vehicle is probably necessary. Anyway, I'm kind of enjoying those massive stickers. Where can I get those for my car?!
Posted by saprra on July 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM · Report this
Whoops! Sorry guys. Just ignore that repeat
Posted by saprra on July 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM · Report this
Minivan will carry the same number of people and campaign junk, and also get 20+ mpg.
Posted by tiktok on July 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 12
Hah! No where near 17 mpg. That thing would be lucky to get 12 mpg on a good day.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on July 24, 2012 at 1:45 PM · Report this
dwightmoodyforgetsthings 13
It's not a choice between 15MPH and a Prius. Like tiktok said, there's a lot of middle ground.

Posted by dwightmoodyforgetsthings http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceclop on July 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM · Report this
I want to buy a brand new junket for my campaign. How much do those run?
Posted by danelaw on July 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM · Report this
DOUG. 15
What's with his logo? Does Andrew Hughes realize that the highest peak in the 7th District is probably Mt. West Seattle? At least he has the truck to climb it.
Posted by DOUG. http://www.dougsvotersguide.com on July 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM · Report this
McDermott drives a hybrid of some sort. Whether it's a Prius or a Civic or something else is unknown to me.
Posted by N in Seattle http://peacetreefarm.org on July 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM · Report this
Hughes has been driving this douchemobile for years. The only thing new is that he took off the shocker hand sticker and replaced it with a QR code sticker that presumably takes people to a website where they can buy shocker hand stickers that say "Two in the Pink for Hughes; One in the Stink for McDermott."
Posted by truck nuts on July 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 18
I got the impression that this guy is rich. Can't he afford a better ride?
Posted by keshmeshi on July 24, 2012 at 4:12 PM · Report this
Mein Chef 19
The car isn't so awful when compared to the mass liter his campaign flyers left on the streets after our neighborhood was canvased two days in a row. Northern Capitol Hill looked like some post apocalyptic hell hole that had been run asunder thanks to a young man who enjoys posing in front of blue collar complexes he's only heard about in fairy tails. Thanks Andy.
Posted by Mein Chef on July 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM · Report this
Mein Chef 20
After blowing off steam I checked out Andrew Hughes campaign website and discovered I was overly bitchy and incorrect;

"Growing up working in the family business, Andrew cleaned stalls, waited tables, worked in the office and staffed the kitchen. These experiences taught him the meaning of hard work and the importance of service. He continues to live by these values today as a small business owner and will live by them as a member of Congress."

The family business being 26-acre family run farm and bed & breakfast in Poulsbo, WA. So the comment about not identifying with blue collar complexes is without merit.

I'm still super pissed about the litter though.
Posted by Mein Chef on July 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM · Report this
@20, does it say what small business he owns? If it's his own non-existent law office, it shouldn't count.
Posted by c'mon girlfriend on July 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM · Report this