Lovely! Out of respect for their "marketing for a cause (but 75% for us)" a la Macklemore I made a contribution.
Posted by gloomy gus on August 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM · Report this
Fnarf 2
I still don't understand the desire for a burger with most of its stuff hanging out.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on August 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM · Report this
COMTE 3
I think it's so you can nibble around the edges - like people who eat the crust off their sandwich first before digging into the middle.
Posted by COMTE on August 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM · Report this
Phoebe in Wallingford 5
@3: I totally agree. A good burger can definitely be a little sloppy, but the flavor dissipates when it gets piled on like that mess.
Posted by Phoebe in Wallingford on August 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM · Report this
south downtown 6
holy sh*t, that looks yummy. is this one of those $10 burger joints?
Posted by south downtown on August 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM · Report this
I really think the Savage Love Burger, or the Dan Savage Hamburger, should be an allusion to a sex act, ala Santorum. Only obviously something more fun and appealing.
Posted by NateMan on August 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 8
Swiss cheese is too mild for a burger, especially one with so much other shit on it, particularly bacon and onions.

Maybe if it's a really aged swiss, to bring some kick to it, then maybe... otherwise, the taste of the cheese is just lost.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on August 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM · Report this
Hot damn that burger looks tasty...
Posted by ryanmm on August 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM · Report this
With the headline on this, it's a shame one of the Capitol Hill hot dog stands didn't get the idea first: "Eat Dan Savage's Wiener, Make Marriage Equality into Reality!" #missedopportunity
Posted by DonServo on August 1, 2012 at 6:56 PM · Report this
@7: #4's handle meets your requirements very nicely: "Meat Snuggled Between Buns." Works for me!
Posted by DonServo on August 1, 2012 at 7:54 PM · Report this
I am NOT a vegetarian!
Posted by Dan Savage on August 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM · Report this
OutInBumF 14
Of course you're not, Dan! Gay men need meat, and that burger looks more than meaty.
Posted by OutInBumF on August 2, 2012 at 1:06 AM · Report this
Bauhaus I 15
Yeah, I agree. More is not necessarily better on a burger. I can't enjoy one when I am more concerned with keeping it together (and from falling apart) than I am with just the sheer joy of it. I guess a paper wrapper is an OK way of solving that dilemma. But keeping the paper wrapper where it protects you from the drippings and not winding up in your bite is an art form. I've seen masters. I have a lot to learn.
Posted by Bauhaus I on August 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM · Report this
@12: just like gay marriage, eating animals pisses off closedminded buffoons?
Posted by NateMan on August 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM · Report this
I would do this, but the one Blue Moon burger I had (in SLU) was terribly salty. I guess it's appropriate then for the Savage Love Burger to be filled with salty goodness...
Posted by MemeGene on August 2, 2012 at 8:35 AM · Report this
@12: If you honestly think that cows are raped before they're slaughtered, I don't care to know what the rest of things are like on your planet.
Posted by suddenlyorcas on August 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 20
@18
I think @12 equates milking (to make cheese) with rape.
Lack of protein leads to delusional and faulty "thinking" like that...
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on August 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM · Report this
@19: aww, muffin. Are there still splinters on that stick up your butt? Or is it sand in your vagina? Either way it must suck to be that humorless.
Posted by NateMan on August 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM · Report this
very bad homo 22
That's a little too big, even for *my* mouth.
Posted by very bad homo on August 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM · Report this
If it's 25% of the gross proceeds then it's a really fabulous way for Blue Moon to show their support and get some free advertising (this thread). If it's 25% of the profit then I agree with @1 that it's kind of lame -- but the burger still looks tasty.
Posted by andymell on August 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM · Report this