Kinison 1
Way to turn a non-story into something thats equally as boring.
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on August 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM · Report this
rob! 2
I bought hardware stuff this weekend too, and left it with my people to figure out what to do with it. They're talented that way.

They left me a list of what we actually needed, but no way was I going to try to interpret their childish scrawls, much less touch it.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on August 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM · Report this
I kind of love that he bought pop, bottled water, and two ears of corn. What a bizarre list.
Posted by Sheryl on August 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM · Report this
Zebes 4
Incidentally, "Hardware Stuff" is also what he calls the people normally hired to work on his houses.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on August 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 5
"I bought a... er.... I bought some, um, hardware stuff today. You know, tools and such. For fixing my... um... car? When it breaks, you know. Just like all you good folk do. One item I bought is amazing! It has a long wooden handle with some kind of metallic top that appears perfectly suited for pushing sharp things into other things. You know, for.... um.... fastening things together?"
Aide interrupts quietly: "It's called a "hammer," sir."
"Ah yes! A... what did you call it? A ham-mer. Truly a remarkable invention! In fact, I plan to meet with the clever entrepeneur who invented this... what was it called again? And congratulate him on his American Ingenuity!"
Posted by Urgutha Forka on August 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM · Report this
emor 6
@3

List? Sounds like he wandered around and picked up a couple things he likes. I doubt he's shopped for himself in years, if ever.
Posted by emor on August 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 7
Aren't they all really just regular people deep down inside?
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on August 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM · Report this
@6 - I was using list in the generic more-than-one thing sense. He probably never has gone to a grocery store with a list in his life. That's woman servant's work.
Posted by Sheryl on August 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM · Report this
Hardware. Stuff. Good.
Posted by aaronbrethorst http://www.viainstapaper.com on August 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM · Report this
@7 No, they are not regular people. Regular people don't run for office of President of the United States.

Sure, it's phony, but every candidate pulls this sort of stunt from time to time, so I guess I can't criticize him too much.
Posted by floater on August 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM · Report this
I doubt that he used self-checkout.
Posted by Jared Bascomb on August 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM · Report this
seatackled 12
Now he can claim that he paid taxes in 2012.
Posted by seatackled on August 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM · Report this
Scotch tape and a stapler does not qualift as "hardware stuff", even if they were in the same aisle at the grocery store.
Posted by boogens on August 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM · Report this
Daddy Love 15
Coke AND Pepsi? What kind of monster is this!!
Posted by Daddy Love on August 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM · Report this
Dougsf 16
Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi will be his Willie Horton.
Posted by Dougsf on August 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM · Report this
Simone 17
Did he pay the tax on the hardware stuff?
Posted by Simone on August 6, 2012 at 2:41 PM · Report this
Daddy Love 18
"He told reporters he's got "some folks coming over today," and laughed when asked if his guests were Rob Portman or Tim Pawlenty"

"Hey Tim, how about you and me sit down with an ear of corn and 6 to 12 Pepsis and do some down-home fat-chewin'!"
Posted by Daddy Love on August 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 19
The Emperor walks amongst the hoi-polloi. All bow down.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on August 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM · Report this
Maybe the diet cherry part makes the caffeine drink "wholesome", in Romney's interp of Mormon"words of wisdom"?
Posted by RonK, Seattle on August 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 21
bottled water will be the death of this planet
Posted by Max Solomon on August 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM · Report this
@20:

The wild cherry stuff was caffeine-free, according to the report. Not so the Diet Coke.

Therefore, the cherry flavoring could transform caffeine into not-caffeine only via some sort of quantum entanglement between the Pepsi and Coke products. Or maybe the magic underwear has extra super powers. Or perhaps the Diet Coke was decaffeinated retroactively.
Posted by N in Seattle http://peacetreefarm.org on August 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM · Report this