balderdash 1
Yeah, that definitely looks like a penis.

It kinda looks like a penis with a tongue for a glans, actually, which I'm sure is a thing that could work for some folks.
Posted by balderdash http://introverse.blogspot.com on August 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM · Report this
onion 5
thank you. the "snake" moniker has been bugging me too. this is a chance to educate people all about the existence of caecilians and the headlines are blowin' it.
Posted by onion on August 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 6
Mountain goats are not goats. Just saying...
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on August 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM · Report this
Sandiai 7
From Wikipedia. What!?

"75% of the species are viviparous, meaning that they give birth to already developed offspring. The fetus is fed inside the female with cells of the oviduct, which they eat with special scraping teeth.

The egg laying species Boulengerula taitana feeds its young by developing an outer layer of skin, high in fat and other nutrients, which the young peel off with similar teeth. This allows them to grow by up to ten times their own weight in a week. The skin is consumed every three days, the time it takes for a new layer to grow, and the young have only been observed to eat it at night."
Posted by Sandiai on August 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM · Report this
Fnarf 8
@7 nature is evil. That's all there is to it.

My penis has excellent eyesight, by the way. but no tongue.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on August 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM · Report this
@4 Uncalled for!
Posted by floater on August 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 10
I can only surmise that many penises look that way down 'round the Amazon.
Posted by Bauhaus I on August 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM · Report this
balderdash 11
Yay, another instance in which I would have been better off if I hadn't expanded the unregistered comments.

What a bunch of human waste you unregistered cowards are.
Posted by balderdash http://introverse.blogspot.com on August 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM · Report this
singing cynic 12
@2 is exactly what homophobic (truly phobic - fearful) men think of lesbian women. An actual lesbian would never think or say anything like that!
Posted by singing cynic on August 7, 2012 at 5:04 AM · Report this
Allyn 13
I'm not sure which action I regret more: clicking through to the image or clicking to read the unregistered comments.

All are very disgusting.
Posted by Allyn on August 7, 2012 at 7:46 AM · Report this
venomlash 14
Caecilians are awesome.
Posted by venomlash on August 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM · Report this
MBMAR10S 15
Does the animal have a semi-official name other than: Penisresembling Caecilian or penis snake?

Personally I would name this beast :Lulletje Rozenwater, derived of Dutch (because of it still looks like a penis, doesn't have an obvious spine and is attracted to the smell (of rose water))

If you type: Penis Snake into google, fat chance, you will not find the penislooking earthworm you observed in the picture above.

Does it have a wiki-page yet? Best regards MBMAR10S