Oh no, this is unfortunate. I love you, Silver Fork.
Posted by porter_esq on August 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM · Report this
love silver fork! a place with friendly people, no attitude, and an awesome soundtrack.

ah, progress.
Posted by Cassette tape fan on August 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM · Report this
Damn, I just had breakfast there this Sunday. The Silver Fork is great. It will be a loss for the neighborhood.
Posted by Mugwumpt on August 13, 2012 at 4:18 PM · Report this
so sad .. the silver fork is great and we are quickly losing places like this! Soon nothing in Seattle will be old, cool, funky .. every homey place will be hipster homestyle :(
Posted by olive oyl on August 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM · Report this
Where/to whom do we comment? I would love to tell who is ever in charge of making this happen to absolutely NOT close Silver Fork.
Posted by MaxGarnet on August 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM · Report this
Where/to whom do we comment? I want to tell whoever is in charge of making this happen to absolutely NOT close down the Silver Fork.
Posted by MaxGarnet on August 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM · Report this
Oh no, is there something that can be done? I just had breakfast there this morning and had no idea. Such an essential part of the Rainier Valley community! D:
Posted by Rhythm on August 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM · Report this
My grits!
Posted by Charlie Mas on August 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM · Report this
Maybe they can move down south a couple of miles into the old colonial pancake house building, pretty sure that is still vacant.
Posted by meks on August 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM · Report this
More erosion of the soul of Seattle... Do we really need another f-ing minimart and gas station? Seattle is already in dire need of more good breakfast spots... What is going on? First came across the Silver Fork after driving by Geraldine's crowded line out the door... No wait and a warm atmosphere at Silver Fork, was with some friends from Portland, kids in tow... It worked out great! Please don't force this business out in favor of another shithole clone gas station.
Posted by sourmashed on August 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM · Report this
5/6/7: Goldy's going to let us know today, please hold!
Posted by Bethany Jean Clement on August 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM · Report this
Restaurants lose their leases all the time. I imagine there are plenty of vacant businesses spots in the valley.
Posted by bigyaz on August 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM · Report this
The Soul Burger at Silver Fork is one of the top five meals in Seattle. Its not for the weak or faint of heart but it is delicious food for the soul.
Posted by SOUL-LESS SAFEWAY on August 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM · Report this
I think we might influence this decision. We need to object to DPD and work to negotiate with Safeway. That particular Safeway has never been particularly neighbor-friendly, but we could work to change that. Anyone with me?

Marilynn Moch
mochcihri@gmail.com
Posted by Marilynn Moch on August 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM · Report this
9, The old Colonial Pancake place, I believe, has been turned into condos. I'm not positive, though. This is very sad. I've been going to Silver Forks for most of my 30 years in Seattle. I really do hope they stay in business even if it's in a new location.
Posted by samarn79 on August 14, 2012 at 2:53 PM · Report this
My grits & po'k chops! We damn sure don't need another minimart & gas station! Who DO we complain to?!
Posted by terri b. on August 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM · Report this