Line Out Comments

julie russell 1
Scarlet & Gold as introduced by my Latin Prof, doctor Beal in college. He played it for me during our annual Saturnalia and we stayed up all night getting drunk and listening to his records...that song hooked me. He and I still swap records from time to time
Posted by julie russell http:// on August 28, 2012 at 9:00 AM · Report this
It's a bit cheesy, but " I Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In" by Kenny Rogers and The First Edition" was a startling departure from the usual bubblegummy fare of Top 40 radio in 1968. The group performed the song ( pre-taped) on the Smothers Brothers Show one Sunday night. The performance was a display of every psychedelic videotape technique possible at that time.
Posted by AgntDblOSOUL http://www.DanceParty2Go.com on August 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM · Report this
mackro 3
My mom had the Crazy World Of Arthur Brown record, so I heard "Fire" when I was 7 years old. On my own, it was the Dukes Of Stratosphear in my adolescent years.
Posted by mackro http://mackro.blogspot.com on August 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM · Report this
Hearing Incense and Peppermints on Top 40 radio in the late 60's. I'd also add pretty much anything I heard at that time with a farfisa organ melody was very influential.
Posted by neo-realist on August 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM · Report this
Severed Heads ‎– Cuisine - specifically the song 'Estrogen'
Posted by qp on August 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM · Report this
Mr_Friendly 6
Nuggets

I remember hearing that LP in high school, and it was a breath of fresh air compared to the hardcore punk and classic rock that everyone else was listening to at that time. And it started the process of branching my music tastes off in different directions.
Posted by Mr_Friendly on August 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 7
dazed and confused
zeppelin
..even though my freshman year art teacher - dude taught wearing a paisley ascot . i was absolutely certain he was shtupping as many girls as he wanted - made us 'paint' while listening to cream's wheels of fire and pacific gas and electric. but that shit didn't get into my head like zeppelin..
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on August 28, 2012 at 8:17 PM · Report this
Nurse With Wound- Sylvie & Babs were great goofy companions for adolescent trips."He ran into my knife TEN Times!!!" "oh you are sick"
Posted by arls in charge on August 28, 2012 at 9:59 PM · Report this
Psychotic Reaction by The Count Five. I can directly map my exploding interest into other genres of music from the summer I played that song multiple times everyday for 3 months. That song changed my life.
Posted by sisyphusgal on August 28, 2012 at 10:51 PM · Report this