ScrawnyKayaker 1
Too bad that joke only works about 1/3 of the days here.

Or 2/3 of the days, depending on how you take it.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on August 31, 2012 at 10:16 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 2
I like Kent's better...it looks like a plant leaf.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on August 31, 2012 at 10:19 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 3
How does it have two shadows?
Posted by Pope Peabrain on August 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM · Report this
If it's the sharply angled shadow that's fake, I can't really tell what it's supposed to be a shadow of.

In any care: cool bike hitching post.
Posted by Warren Terra on August 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 5
Oh, funny.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on August 31, 2012 at 10:48 AM · Report this
Beetlecat 6
@2 -- woosh?
Posted by Beetlecat on August 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 7
@3: Magnets! How do they work?
(Sorry, couldnt resist. No ill will meant, mr. Pope.)
Posted by Dr_Awesome on August 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM · Report this
very bad homo 8
God, our sidewalks get disgusting when it stops raining for a few months.
Posted by very bad homo on August 31, 2012 at 11:34 AM · Report this
tedb310 9
#8 I thought all that gum & and other disgusting junk were part of the artwork. This disappoints me to realize what a bunch of slobs people are.
Posted by tedb310 on August 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM · Report this
oh, I DE-spise those things! They only accommodate two bikes, and they're awkward: the little holes make me scrape my knuckles when I lock my bike up. Bike racks should ALWAYS be standard u-shaped thingies. And this should always be the rule everywhere: Function comes first; form second.

Posted by mitten on August 31, 2012 at 1:16 PM · Report this
Those bike racks were installed starting in 2004 when SDOT began removing parking meters and replacing them with pay stations. You're just now noticing them?
Posted by crone on August 31, 2012 at 1:58 PM · Report this
yelahneb 13
Bike rack on Tatooine.
Posted by yelahneb http://www.strangebutharmless.com on August 31, 2012 at 2:18 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 14
If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on August 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM · Report this
I call shenanigans. Two shadows. Obv. Photoshop® involved.
Posted by Weekilter on August 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM · Report this
Vashta Nerada infestation. Do NOT attempt to lock your bike there.
Posted by spock on August 31, 2012 at 2:47 PM · Report this
OutInBumF 17
I think both shadows are painted on the sidewalk, and that's part of the 'art', but not being there in person, I cannot verify.
Shadows in Seattle?! Puleeze- it never happens.
Posted by OutInBumF on August 31, 2012 at 3:01 PM · Report this
Fnarf 18
@11, I agree: they're awful to lock bikes to.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on August 31, 2012 at 3:19 PM · Report this
brocaine 19
@11: not only are they worthless for locking a bike to, but they can be easily dismantled and your bike can be stolen even if you do manage to lock one to them (round part can be unbolted and slid up and off).
Posted by brocaine http://www.superporkteenexplosion.com on August 31, 2012 at 6:10 PM · Report this
@17:
I think the short one is painted, the long one is real.
If you look closely at the upright pole, it glistens a bit on the right side in the sun light.
Posted by migrationist on September 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM · Report this