Science RULES!
Posted by wxPDX on September 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM · Report this
smade 2
3-10 seconds is bullshit. Minimum 20 seconds and often longer.
Posted by smade on September 7, 2012 at 3:08 PM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 3
Sweet. Though that "resolution" face looks rather unhappy and disgruntled...resentfully looking back at the previous three faces... Dude needs to relax!
Posted by ArtBasketSara on September 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 4
Why didn't I go into sexuality instead of chemistry? Fun!
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on September 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM · Report this
TVDinner 5
Very interesting. Hey, any transfolks out there who are willing to share how the experience of orgasm changed as they transitioned? I mean, it sounds like it's pretty similar for both men and women, but not entirely.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on September 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
I should change my handle to "Refractory Period".
Posted by gloomy gus on September 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM · Report this
seatackled 7
That part around 1:40 about self-evaluation, reason, and control being shut down during orgasm suggests a biological explanation why going over multiplication tables and baseball statistics holds off orgasm.
Posted by seatackled on September 7, 2012 at 5:09 PM · Report this
scary tyler moore 8
Science!
Posted by scary tyler moore http://pushymcshove.blogspot.com/ on September 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 9
I'm not convinced.

More research is needed.

I will humbly volunteer.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on September 7, 2012 at 6:35 PM · Report this
Loved the blog…
keralaflowerplaza.com
Posted by kfp123 on September 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM · Report this
Real America's take on the DNC.....

1- Clinton making the case that:
Obama hasn't gotten the job done-not even close- but, hey!- even a demigod like me couldn't have done it.....(plus reminding everyone how much they miss Bill and what a limp noodle Obama is)

2- The vicious snarling angry rank and file Democraps rejecting God and Jerusalem (with the yummy icing of the total fiasco hamfisted clumsy way in which it was handled, managing to Piss Off and Disgust, literally, every band on the ideological spectrum- the Godless Heathens know they had the votes to defeat the measure but were screwed over and ignored and humiliated and Godfearing Real America not at all fooled by the cosmetic repair to the platform.)
Priceless.........

3- Obama's limp speech, confirming the impression of inadequacy created by Bill's boffo performance and hinting at the job numbers to come....

4- the truly frighteningly GRIM job numbers that rushed in before the hangovers were even gone mocking the Democraps party.

You couldn't make stuff up this good.......
Posted by just another day in Gaymerica on September 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM · Report this
Sorry, I'm female and I most certainly do have a refractory period. Not sure what proportion of women have multiple orgasms but I haven't heard anywhere (or from any women) that it's enough of an amount to allow one to say that "women" have multiple orgasms and no refractory periods.
Posted by oskomena on September 8, 2012 at 4:15 AM · Report this
Not bad for a factoid, but some of the conclusions are reported as facts. I know some men who can come 3 times in half? an hour. I guess men do not have a brain, brain stem, nor a prostate according to this video. Should be redone. Left out what happens to a vagina during all this, too. No mention of the 'electrical' energy discharged by the organs, either. A little too simplified to make me want to do it. There's also that wonderful feeling afterwards, which is described as a refractory period, but doesn't seem to be the same thing. 1.3 seconds during an orgasm? ???? How do you account for people who really get off having dangerous and threatening sex? Such as those men in the bushes at the reservoir?
Posted by Gonesouth on September 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM · Report this
Allyn 14
@12 are you looking for specific anecdotes or scientific averages?

Posted by Allyn on September 9, 2012 at 6:53 AM · Report this
@14 "Women do not have a refractory period" is neither a specific anecdote nor a scientific average - it's a blanket statement that is incorrect. "In a recent study, 70% of women had no appreciable refractory period, defined as 60 seconds or longer" would be a scientific statement.

I get that this is supposed to be entertaining as well as educational, and it's both (to some degree), but I'd have liked to see some biological explanation of why orgasms occur rather than a discussion of "areas of the brain lit up" during fMRI studies. That doesn't tell us that much about the biological genesis of orgasm, since we still know so little about the brain.
Posted by dchari on September 10, 2012 at 7:22 AM · Report this
#5 As a transman, I have the sex drive of a male with the unlimited orgasms of a female. While this sounds great on paper it can be overly annoying in truth. When I first started testosterone I went though the typical male puberty period and wanted to screw any and all phallic shaped objects I could find ALL THE TIME because I had zero cooldown period between orgasms. But as to the orgasm itself, the intensity and duration have not been affected by my transition.
Posted by jera321 on September 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM · Report this