Have you considered living somewhere else? Plenty of places have weather reports like that all year round.
Posted by seattlebikeguy on September 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 2
This is not autumn. This is unacceptable. Who do I need to talk to about this weather business?
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on September 17, 2012 at 9:26 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 3
@1: hawaii & san diego maybe.

this summer is how a PNW summer is supposed to be. sun, moderate warmth, no humidity, no rain, from the beginning of july to the end of september.
Posted by Max Solomon on September 17, 2012 at 9:27 AM · Report this
emor 4
@1

Having grown up in one of those places, I think I prefer it here. In Southern California, there was nothing special about a sunny day in a year full of them. Now I treat each one like the precious jewel that it is. The net effect is a happier me, since I enjoy the summers here more than I hate the winters.
Posted by emor on September 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM · Report this
Simone 5
Need at least one good day of rain. This dry/hazy (with a bit of stagnate pollution) weather is flaring up some of my allergies.
Posted by Simone on September 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM · Report this
This Summer has been amazing only 0.03 inches of rain since August, sure once October hits the rains will return but after this summer, thats ok.
Posted by Seattle14 on September 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM · Report this
I want my drizzle back! I want leaves to start dropping NOW! I miss shivering so bad.
Posted by gloomy gus on September 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM · Report this
I'm enjoying the summer a lot. The PNW is way above average for number of sunny days this year. The drizzle and clouds may wear on us, but it's precisely that nearly year-round dampness that gives us such a lush environment and diverse/unique ecosystem (and such beautiful summers when it's dry and sunny).

Americans are spoiled. At 2200 sunshine hours, we are one of the darkest areas in the US, but that's only because US cities are pretty sunny compared to much of the rest of the world. On average we actually have more sunshine than pretty much anywhere in the UK (London gets 1400 hours, yikes) by a fairly large margin, Paris (1800), Berlin/Munich (1600/1700), Milan (1900), Amsterdam (1700). Even beautiful Rio de Janeiro gets slightly less sun than us, and *more* rain that falls *year round*.

This is of course ignoring that many of those cities themselves are so beautiful and rich in culture that no one cares that the weather is miserable.
Posted by Bmesick on September 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM · Report this
Cascadian 9
I'm hoping it continues this way until the end of October. The leaves will still fall from the trees, and we'll still get some brisk mornings and fog. Increasing winds and blustery weather is fine, too. Just hold the drear until November, please. I'm not ready for it.
Posted by Cascadian on September 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM · Report this
very bad homo 10
Enjoy your final week of this!
Posted by very bad homo on September 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 11
@1 is correct. Santa Barbara is pretty much 70s and 80s all year round, with some winter rains.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on September 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM · Report this
@11 Santa Barbara is lovely, no doubt, but let's be honest, Dec-Mar average highs are in the mid-60's.

Grew in up in San Diego, lived in Santa Cruz for 20 years and I'm with @4, I much prefer the variation in weather here. You can't fully appreciate the absolute glory of a fine spring day, warm enough to wear shorts and sandals, if you have them all year round.

My never-left-SoCal family thinks it's "bad weather" if it's under 75 degrees and there are clouds in the sky. I, on the other hand, bring my lightest long sleeved shirts to wear for the holidays in San Diego...and swelter...every.single.year.
Posted by TheOtherWoman on September 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM · Report this