Pope Peabrain 1
They're just "victims" and "entitled".
Posted by Pope Peabrain on September 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM · Report this
treefort 2
you made a slog post about another slog post? why not comment on the existing slog post.
Posted by treefort on September 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM · Report this
treacle 3
They *will* be debt peons very soon, if they aren't already.
Bring back debtors jails! Kill the poor! Enslave the young!
Posted by treacle on September 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM · Report this
Hernandez 4
The Republicans are hedging their bets that the ugliness in our society will prevail. The selfishness, the short-sightedness, the ignorance, the hate, the racism, the xenophobia, list goes on...
Posted by Hernandez http://hernandezlist.blogspot.com on September 21, 2012 at 12:52 PM · Report this
It's not only children:
My father-in-law is nearly 67, but needs to keep working because his job is the only reason his 58-year-old wife has health insurance. Sure, she'll qualifiy for Medicare at 65, but that's eight years without coverage if he retires now.

I'm 55, but my husband is only 44. Apparently I'll be grandfathered into Medicare, but under Romney/Ryan, he won't be. As things stand now, he can't get coverage, because he isn't covered by his employer, and my employer won't let me carry him because we're a same-sex couple.

These conservative "values" aren't only dividing old against young; they're creating artificial divisions between individual members of the same family.
Posted by Clayton on September 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM · Report this
Yeah, what the fuck is with the slog posts about other slog posts from the same goddamn day? Same goes for slog posts about lineout posts. If you want to drive my interest in slog down, the best way to do it is to recycle content I just fucking saw.
Posted by beef rallard on September 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM · Report this
This is the same fatal flaw that Bush's 2005 Social Security privatization plan had - failure to recognize that oldsters' suspicion of young people only extends to other people's children, never any set that includes their own... and "all" includes their own.
Posted by I have always been... east coaster on September 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM · Report this