Matt from Denver 1
Hey, can we turn off autoplay on this thing?
Posted by Matt from Denver on September 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 2
Everyone I know is just trying this new thing called In Real Life. Or Meatspace.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on September 28, 2012 at 3:25 PM · Report this
CMRz 3
I submitted my invite request already to *new* Myspace
Posted by CMRz http://www.cmrtyz.com on September 28, 2012 at 3:28 PM · Report this
@1, yes, please!
Posted by lawgeek on September 28, 2012 at 3:28 PM · Report this
Grant Brissey, Emeritus 5
Gah! Sorry all, it's being fixed.
Posted by Grant Brissey, Emeritus http://www.grantropolis.com/ on September 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 6
I have a Myspace account. I haven't logged in to check it in more than six months, and I don't think I've updated anything on it in about 2 years. I often forget I still have a Myspace account at all unless something like this pops up on the news.

I think it would take something truly groundbreaking to revive Myspace. I don't think this is it.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on September 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM · Report this
LEE. 7
oh jeeeeez...I can't imagine revisiting something that was such an obnoxious staple in my social interactions/interpersonal drama almost a decade ago. I assume my account is still around and I might go see how it looks with the relaunch, but it will be a cold day in heck before I ever use that site again.
Posted by LEE. on September 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM · Report this
I am beginning to hear that a number of younger people are starting to give up on Facebook. Apparently the cause is the "been there, done that" syndrome.
Posted by Fairhaven on September 28, 2012 at 4:02 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 9
Wait, if it's Myspace and your Myspace, isn't it it our space?

And certainly there's nothing wrong with a little feast in our space.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd4ZbEATetg
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on September 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM · Report this
Aurora Erratic 10
"...with the same frequency as I do Google+."

Which is to say, "never."
Posted by Aurora Erratic http://www.finemesspottery.com on September 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 11
@10 sssssh. Is joke.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on September 28, 2012 at 4:47 PM · Report this
I think MySpace can, and will make a comeback. All the factors are there. Facebook is now as busy and loud as Myspace was when we 1st left it. MySpace is no longer owned by FOX and Rupert Murdoch. People have legitimate reasons to be equally pissed at mark Zuckerburg as they were at MySpace then. I highly doubt it will be as big as it once was, but can be a viable alternative.

Only thing is Justin Timberlake is no longer Justin Bieber. Will the beliebers join?
Posted by Deevious Silvertongue on September 28, 2012 at 5:02 PM · Report this
Dougsf 13
Still holding out for Classmates.com to really get off the ground. Any day now.

If nothing else, fuckedcompany might see a resurgence.
Posted by Dougsf on September 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 14
last month my wife and I were just talking about going back to Myspace for the delicious irony. Every once in a while I log on to my account when I feel like traveling back in time.

@2
Don't pretend you have friends.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on September 28, 2012 at 5:13 PM · Report this
Never had a MySpace. (Too young?) But I don't think it's going to make a comeback. It's got too much of the way-old-news stench to it. Once you get buried in the technology graveyard, that's pretty much it.

Although it's nice that it's no longer part of Fox's Evil Empire.
Posted by floater on September 28, 2012 at 6:40 PM · Report this
south downtown 16
it's been so long i've forgotten my myspace password...
Posted by south downtown on September 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 17
I may check out MySpace when my 30th High School reunion comes around...check out some of my classmates and realize "Nope..still don't want to see those assholes from high school yet" and save money on airfare.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on September 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM · Report this
@2, that's why you are here, commenting on slog?
Posted by soggydan on September 29, 2012 at 11:20 AM · Report this
Someday, looking back at the blur that was MyFace...
Posted by mizmojo on September 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM · Report this