Bauhaus I 1
I love Colbert because he is so consistently clever. He comes from a household of - what - 12 kids or something (and I believe he was the youngest) and managed to do well enough to go to Dartmouth. That's almost unheard of in typical family schemes. Is it the youngest who always throws his/her life away on booze and drugs and can't hold down a job?

Kidding, of course, but he is a remarkable man and very, very smart - very, very funny (and that's probably the reason Jon Stewart gave him his own spotlight). He's ballsy, too. When he hosted the Gridiron Dinner, he held nothing back with President Bush maybe five feet away. I'm in complete awe.
Posted by Bauhaus I on October 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 2
...oh, and what a nice, breezy porch!
Posted by Bauhaus I on October 2, 2012 at 12:28 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 3
Stephen Colbert (in any persona) is awesome.

But Orpah is detestable.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on October 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 4
Is this the Oprah who made a billion dollars pulling a wagon loaded with her ass fat?
Posted by Pope Peabrain on October 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM · Report this
If you like Colbert in his real self and enjoy the equally delightful Neil DeGrasse Tyson, you can indulge yourself by watching/listening to them go at it for an hour and 20 minutes on this vid.

Posted by cracked on October 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM · Report this
@1:

Only the fictional Stephen Colbert went to Dartmouth. The actor who plays him went to Hampden-Sydney College and Northwestern.
Posted by N in Seattle http://peacetreefarm.org on October 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM · Report this
emma's bee 7
@6: Stephen Colbert is hardly from a typical family. His dad was an MD and greatly beloved vice president of the Medical University of South Carolina (my alma mater, and one of the oldest medical schools in the country) and was tagged as its next president when he and two of his sons were killed in a plane crash near Charlotte in the mid-'70s.

Stephen has returned frequently to great acclaim and admiration at MUSC. He has done all kinds of fundraisers for the school, as well.

Here is an amazing graduation speech he gave at MUSC back in 2009:

Posted by emma's bee on October 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM · Report this
Hampden-Sydney, AKA Preppy Douchebag Tech.
Posted by Joe Glibmoron on October 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 9
@6: I stand corrected and thanks. You know I think I remember that now but forgot it when he talks of Dartmouth on the show.
Posted by Bauhaus I on October 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM · Report this