Will in Seattle 1
It is like Rapid Ride, which makes it faster to Bike or Walk than take the now disappeared bus lines.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on October 2, 2012 at 1:33 PM · Report this
biffp 2
I-90 was jammed in both directions this morning. Too bad there isn't reliable public transit in Seattle. I've taken the train and bus in LA, and I'm not sure it's any more frustrating than here.
Posted by biffp on October 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM · Report this
This emphasizes how wonderful it is that cars are getting fueled cleaner all the time. Since shaming people out of their cars hasn't worked particularly well (Carmageddon was a breeze because people gladly stayed off the roads in return for a better road the next day, after all), making the cars cleaner is fantastic. Then there's the lovely notion we won't have to be the ones driving ourselves any more. Our emissions-free cars will do the driving. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/201…
Posted by gloomy gus on October 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM · Report this
@ 2 Metro isn't the best but its decent from the burbs to downtown its a 30 min ride in the morning and in the evening for rush hour more like an hour but still not too bad.
Posted by Seattle14 on October 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM · Report this
How is widening a freeway "war on cars"?
Posted by RDM on October 2, 2012 at 1:59 PM · Report this
biffp 6
Spending an hour in the morning in lieu of a 15 minute drive from Green Lake, okay. Waiting over 45 minutes because I leave the office after 6 pm is not okay, and after 10 pm, there's no limit on how long I might wait. You may not have lived in Vancouver or New York, but this is not real public transit.
Posted by biffp on October 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM · Report this
Cascadian 7
I'm sure our society will quickly learn the lesson that we don't need our cars as much as we think we do. We've done so well learning that lesson in the past.
Posted by Cascadian on October 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM · Report this
onion 8
Oh stop. I just moved to that area. I don't want to know.
ps I do take the bus to work every day.
Posted by onion on October 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM · Report this