ArtBasketSara 1
Oh you! lol lol lol
Posted by ArtBasketSara on October 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM · Report this
Teslick 2
It was funny, like, the first hundred times
That certainly sums up today.
Posted by Teslick on October 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM · Report this
Chef Thunder 3
What he said
Posted by Chef Thunder on October 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM · Report this
Posted by venomlash on October 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM · Report this
Pick1 5
Hey look, bitchers, it's done!

I'm sure I'll see all of you back here tomorrow reading/commenting on every post like you did today (despite being told it would last the full day and that you could always stop reading it if you find it so annoying)
Posted by Pick1 on October 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 6
@5 - No, they have me hypnotized. I had no choice but to read, and now my eyes are bleeding.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on October 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM · Report this
biffp 7
@2 ftw, although this is the first post today that was actually funny.
Posted by biffp on October 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 8
I think someone baked them into a cupcake.

Go check it out at Elliot Bay Books.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on October 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM · Report this
I've actually enjoyed Rob McKenna Day. It's shown me a more personal side of him I wasn't familiar with. Behind the clipped facade and sour attitude, he's just a regular guy. I just might vote for him.
Posted by floater on October 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM · Report this
re @2: McKenna: I don't get it.

@9: LOLZ!!
Posted by Calvin&Hobbes on October 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 11
@9 BINGO!!! McKenna 2012!!! He's got my vote!!!
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on October 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM · Report this
Big Matt G 12
@9) It's so cute that you think that Rob McKenna is just going to be blogging for one day.
Posted by Big Matt G on October 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM · Report this
It seems that Slog/The Stranger is a bad influence on people. Rob started the day clean cut and swear free. As the day wore on, we started seeing more ** filled words, then here at the end, he is swearing freely. Congrats Stranger Staff. You have corrupted Rob completely.
Posted by SeattleKim on October 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM · Report this
This could be a huge impact on the race. If McKenna can't drive to his next debate, how will that look? Can you imagine if he had to take public transit? Disgusting!
Posted by Spike1382 on October 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM · Report this
If they were up your ass, you'd know.
Posted by Joe Glibmoron on October 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM · Report this
xjuan 16
I'll surely vote for him, and I'm in Florida, for Chirst sake!
Posted by xjuan on October 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM · Report this
These fake McKenna posts are incredibly fucked up. Obviously a lot of people thought this was real, reposted material onto other sites, etc.

I feel completely differently about The Stranger after today. I will still be around reading but this is no longer a publication I can recommend to anyone for any reason. The word Stranger is banished from my lips.
Posted by spock on October 4, 2012 at 8:56 PM · Report this
ferret 18
The whole day was painful beyond belief.
Posted by ferret http://https://twitter.com/#!/okojo on October 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM · Report this
By not making it clear that this whole day was a parody it really sullied the Stranger in my eyes too. The whole thing seemed really childish and needlessly vindictive. There are plenty of things to go after Mckenna over, but I don't think this was the way to do it.
Posted by seriously233 on October 4, 2012 at 9:01 PM · Report this
@2 thank you. please make it fucking stop.
Posted by Dcal on October 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM · Report this
Wow, a whole day that could've been spent commenting on actual shit was wasted by the "reporters" of the stranger acting like douches...Guys if you don't want to be called hacks and and want to be taken serious it's best not to act like dicks. Really what a wasted day. Today should've just been called "The Stranger throws a hissy fit". Really, if you want to be a news source, what point is is to troll your readers....Ugh, you guys make it so hard to support you sometimes.
Posted by j2patter on October 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM · Report this
McBomber 22
I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Rob today (ginger fist-pump!). Rob, please call up your friend (my friend) Mitt and invite him to do the same too. I'd really like to connect with him on a personal level and know what kind of jam he likes his servants to prepare (certainly not Marion Barry jam, I presume). More days like this and I see Washington State turning from solid blue to a lovely shade of boysenberry.
Posted by McBomber on October 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM · Report this
This Rob McKenna "posting" bull-crap is just stupid and comes across as childish. I used to love checking SLOG for some off topic news but really guys? I am a Democrat through and through but can't we be above this crap? Thanks for making me no longer care to check out this blog in the future.
Posted by territorious on October 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM · Report this
Oh my god, people, it was ONE DAY. And it was highly entertaining. Quit clutching your pearls and collapsing dramatically into your fainting couches.

It's not like they did this with the print issue of The Stranger and had no news for an entire week. It's one day of Slog. You'll get over it.
Posted by JenV on October 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM · Report this
@JenV - One day of this crap is too much. There is too much to loose in this election to act like elementary school bullies.... It's childish, stupid, and for a blog/paper that dabbles in politics all the time they should know better. Even more saddening is seeing Mr. Savage hop on this hostile, immature train. I expected more professionalism even out of an indie paper. Disgusted....
Posted by territorious on October 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 26
If some tells you that $10 is too much for choice 6 oz. cut of tenderloin steak, then they are liars! Yummy. Cooked with Worcestershire, hot pepper and onions, corn on the cob and broccoli from the farm stand.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on October 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM · Report this
lauramae 27
Now this schtick is really stupid.
Posted by lauramae on October 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM · Report this
SPG 28
Right now I hate Slog more than Rob McKenna does.
Posted by SPG on October 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM · Report this
mikethehammer 29
I'm also done with the slog. Well, until tomorrow morning anyway. And I suppose I might check in once or twice tonight before bed to see if anything else gets posted. And probably also a couple times to see if anyone comments on my comment here. But other than that I'm fucking done.
Posted by mikethehammer on October 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM · Report this
GlamB0t 30
ONE DAY, I leave you fuckers for ONE DAY and it all goes to shit.
Posted by GlamB0t on October 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 31
Now here is a comic, Jim Norton, whose routine spells S L O G (he even castigates Rick Santorum):

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on October 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM · Report this
Pridge Wessea 32
Too many pearl-clutchers up in this bitch.

For those of you who are whining about The Stranger ruining everything related to being treated with respect, etc, the Stranger tried to engage professionally with the McKenna campaign and were consistently shot down. Why shouldn't they then treat the McKenna campaign with the same contempt?
Posted by Pridge Wessea on October 5, 2012 at 5:16 AM · Report this
tainte 33
look, this is nothing new from the stranger. their collective mental age is about 17, and to them this was all hi-larious.
Posted by tainte on October 5, 2012 at 5:53 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 34
@ 25, absolutely zero people will decide how to vote because of this.
Posted by Matt from Denver on October 5, 2012 at 6:02 AM · Report this
This was wonderful in every way.
Posted by NineOneFour on October 5, 2012 at 6:09 AM · Report this
That was the stupidest thing. And highly unethical as well.
Posted by siduri on October 5, 2012 at 7:10 AM · Report this
Pridge Wessea 37
@36 - Don't like the Onion then, do you?
Posted by Pridge Wessea on October 5, 2012 at 7:48 AM · Report this
SPG 38
@37, The Onion is at least funny. This was just plain annoying and it preempted regularly scheduled programming.
Posted by SPG on October 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM · Report this