I liked Jon Stewart calling it "Tooken" and "The Tookening".

(and there's always "Taken' 2: Electric Tookaloo")
Posted by SoSea Resident on October 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM · Report this
Xenophobic that seems like a stretch, just a movie.
Posted by Seattle14 on October 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 3
Don't you hate it when Hollywood does a 2 when you didn't like 1?
Posted by Bauhaus I on October 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM · Report this
MacBastard 4
The director's name is Olivier Megaton? Is he also a supervillain in "The Incredibles 2"?
Posted by MacBastard on October 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM · Report this
Knat 5
I was on board with the idea until I saw the trailer: Boris The Blade is taking revenge on this guy personally? Really?
Posted by Knat on October 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM · Report this
Sean Kinney 6
Is it possible for an unarmed man to be in a movie?
Posted by Sean Kinney http:// on October 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM · Report this
Revenge! 7
I hear they're making another "Die Hard" movie too. I think they should name it "Die Already". *grumble, moan*
Posted by Revenge! on October 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM · Report this
Grrr 8
What I really don't get about this premise is that somehow the bad guys are justified at retaliating for what Liam Neeson's character did to those kidnappers. He did what he had to do to get his daughter back.
Posted by Grrr on October 5, 2012 at 10:43 PM · Report this
seatackled 9
I seem to recall that the foreigners in the first film spoke a lot more in subtitles than the accented English speaking Albanian villagers in the sequel.
Posted by seatackled on October 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM · Report this
this guy I know in Spokane 10
I miss Lindy West.
Posted by this guy I know in Spokane on October 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM · Report this
It's the Rocky IV paradox.
Posted by Ivan Drago on October 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM · Report this
I think I will have to see it, the first one is one of the best bad movies I've ever experienced.
Posted by ryanmm on October 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM · Report this
First off, Olivier Megaton?! Secondly, there's a lot of legitimate critiques about movies like this....but only in Strangerland could you get a line like: "but American audiences came out in droves to watch Liam Neeson brutally murder the foreigners who dared to take his daughter". - Yeah, the nerve of Liam Neeson as played by Liam Neeson going after those guys. What a jerk!
Posted by Spindles on October 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM · Report this
Isn't Liam Neeson a foreigner? He's not American. I'll wait for the DVD.
Posted by Patricia Kayden on October 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM · Report this
"It was xenophobic, amoral, and mean, but American audiences came out in droves"

Because it was xenophobic, amoral and mean, like "real Amerikuh".

@2: "Xenophobic that seems like a stretch, just a movie."

Oh look, it's the idiot demographic for the movie speaking up.
Posted by jfc, think more on October 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM · Report this
npage148 16
Agree, the first movie was some weird special thing that happens sometimes which makes movies a classic. Forcing a squeal never works. It'd be like office space 2: intertech returns, or a big lebowski: the nihilist revenge
Posted by npage148 on October 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM · Report this
The whole premise is far fetched. What are the odds a guy's wife & daughter get kidnapped twice. Where was Femke Jensen's husband?....why would any man married to this hottie have issues with her? Where were the police when the daughter was lobbing grenades all over the place? Why would Liam allow his daughter to drive a stolen Mercedes taxi when she can't even pass a driver's test? After his daughter hits at least ten cars in the stolen taxi there is not even a scratch on the taxi. Why did Liam leave Femke by herself when he recaptured her? How did Liam get a huge metal suitcase filled with grenades and guns past security into Instanbul? Despite all this i liked the movie except for the syrupy sweet ending where they are all eating sundaes on the Santa Monica pier.
Posted by Movie Critic on January 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM · Report this