California Kid 1
You are easily amused. That was a complete waste of time.
Posted by California Kid on October 9, 2012 at 7:32 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 2
How is this possible? I was ASSURED by two Slog commenters that Seattle has WIDE STREETS.
Posted by Matt from Denver on October 9, 2012 at 7:35 AM · Report this
People without any real power revel in displays of petty power.
Posted by Charlie Mas on October 9, 2012 at 7:37 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 4
BTW, this video autoplays something else at the end - something a LOT louder. Can you fix that please?
Posted by Matt from Denver on October 9, 2012 at 7:38 AM · Report this
frank booth 5
If ever there was a situation that called for some good gun violence that was it. What's wrong with you people? SHOOT SOMEONE NOW! RIGHT IN THE FACE.
Posted by frank booth http://https://twitter.com/bad__scientist on October 9, 2012 at 7:38 AM · Report this
Seconding #4. You seem to have linked to this idiot's playlist, which, besides boring videos of everyday driving SNAFUs, includes shaky footage of horrible bands and cell phone videos of callow, annoying youths who think they're clever.
Posted by Joe Glibmoron on October 9, 2012 at 7:57 AM · Report this
The Thule-glad Subaru army thought the natives would let them gentrify the CD without a fight? They need better camouflage, may I suggest a 1995 Honda Civic with rims.
Posted by Christopher Columbus on October 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM · Report this
TVDinner 8
@3: YES.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on October 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 9
tl:dw

Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on October 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM · Report this
Your friend should learn how to hold a camera steady.
Posted by suddenlyorcas on October 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM · Report this
1m 33sec: "Don't get in my way cuz I'm black"

Another Subaru driving Seattle liberal being sorely tested by the racist natives of the CD?
Posted by Christopher Columbus on October 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM · Report this
More, I Say! 12
God, people are such assholes. What a stupid, stupid nothing-fight.
Posted by More, I Say! on October 9, 2012 at 9:34 AM · Report this
"Which asshole was the first to stop in the middle of the street instead of taking the wide-open parking space???"

Let's see:

1. The earnest white liberal sitting quietly in their Subaru with Thule roof rack trying her hardest to celebrate diversity.

2. The crazy, angry racist black woman ranting and raving, running all over the place and acting like a jackass?

Take an educated guess.
Posted by Christopher Columbus on October 9, 2012 at 9:34 AM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 14
See The tax cuts that have not happened for the rich have made society un-civil. If the Rich are taxes to the hilt, those to idiots would be running to move their cars and be civil. That's how it works. They must be poor they are desperate (as some suggest).
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on October 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM · Report this
Cracker Jack 15
@4: Thanks for the warning!
Posted by Cracker Jack on October 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM · Report this
COMTE 16
Ugh, this happens all the time on my street, and the people with the worst attitudes generally seem to be those who were trying to avoid stopping at the light at 23rd & E Union and now find themselves delayed on their "shortcut".

That being said, I haven't observed any particular trend in terms of race: based on what I've seen, these kinds of altercations are fairly equally distributed between black-on-white, white-on-white and black-on-black. Regardless of who's involved, it all boils down to one asshole in a hurry who decides their "right" to race down a one-lane residential street at 40 miles-per-hour is somehow being abridged, even though it's just as likely they had a better opportunity to pull over than the other driver.

What's even funnier (and I've personally experienced this), is when the other driver tries to pull the "this is MY neighborhood" card, not realizing that my apartment is literally 50 behind them! IME, people who actually DO live in my neighborhood are much more sensitive to this, and are more prone to move aside, even if they don't necessarily recognize the other vehicle. I chalk it up to recognizing that the five second delay it takes for them to pull over for the other car is preferable to the five minutes of stress that results from situations like the one in the video.
Posted by COMTE on October 9, 2012 at 11:14 AM · Report this
Buttercup 17
One day, making tracks
In the prairie of Prax,
Came a North-Going Zax
And a South-Going Zax.
And it happened that both of them came to a place
Where they bumped. There they stood.
Foot to foot. Face to face.
“Look here, now!” the North-Going Zax said, “I say!
You are blocking my path. You are right in my way.
I’m a North-Going Zax and I always go north.
Get out of my way, now, and let me go forth!”
“Who’s in whose way?” snapped the South-Going Zax.
“I always go south, making south-going tracks.
So you’re in MY way! And I ask you to move
And let me go south in my south-going groove.”
Then the North-Going Zax puffed his chest up with pride.
“I never,” he said, “take a step to one side.
And I’ll prove to you that I won’t change my ways
If I have to keep standing here fifty-nine days!”
“And I’ll prove to YOU,” yelled the South-Going Zax,
“That I can stand here in the prairie of Prax
For fifty-nine years! For I live by a rule
That I learned as a boy back in South-Going School.
Never budge! That’s my rule. Never budge in the least!
Not an inch to the west! Not an inch to the east!
I’ll stay here, not budging! I can and I will
If it makes you and me and the whole world stand still!”
Well…
Of course the world didn’t stand still. The world grew.
In a couple of years, the new highway came through
And they built it right over those two stubborn Zax
And left them there, standing un-budged in their tracks.
-Dr. Seuss, 'The Zax'
Posted by Buttercup on October 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM · Report this
Dougsf 18
If only they could make a car that drove backward as well as forward!
Posted by Dougsf on October 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM · Report this
It's either this or we can both sit at the end of the block yielding to each other for 5 minutes, which is what usually happens in my hood.
Posted by Swearengen on October 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM · Report this