Line Out Comments

i refuse to vote, because take it on the run is way fucking better than double vision and this whole thing is now a sham of a joke of a pile of shit.
Posted by wolfman420 on October 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM · Report this
Has Lou Gramm done a Geico commercial? Didn't think so.
Posted by mint chocolate chip on October 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 3
@1: You need a nap, friend.
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on October 10, 2012 at 4:26 PM · Report this
biffp 4
Eddie Money wining 2:1 over Double Vision is a pile of shit.
Posted by biffp on October 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM · Report this
revolutionsperminute 5
Double Vision actually rules
Posted by revolutionsperminute on October 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM · Report this
LEE. 6
didn't Eddie Money have a stroke? that should disqualify him right then and there.

back in the early 90's, there was a commercial for Carl's Jr featuring Eddie Money + band. they were having a severe bout of writer's block and then, someone takes a bite of a burger and ketchup splatters against sheet music IN THE FORM OF A SINGLE EIGHTH NOTE WHICH COMPLETES THE MUCH-HARANGUED-OVER-SOON-TO-BE-POP-HIT. of course the song the ketchup helps write is "Take Me Home Tonight", a song that, by 1993 or so, would have been 60 years old.

if that song wins this round, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Posted by LEE. on October 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM · Report this
Eddie Money only had one good song and this aint it. It isn't even a love to hate. Double Vision!
Posted by cracked on October 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM · Report this
pg13 8
@7 "Baby Hold On"? "Two Tickets To Paradise"? "Think I'm In Love"? "Shakin'"?

Posted by pg13 on October 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM · Report this
Eddie Money planned to have some studio backup singer do the "be my little baby" line after the Ronnie Spector reference. But then a producer said, "hey, why don't we get the real deal?" And so it is Ronnie Spector singing that line in the song.
Posted by Lark Hawk on October 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM · Report this
seandr 10
"Take Me Home Tonight" makes me want to climb up a bell tower with an assault rifle.
Posted by seandr on October 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM · Report this
Wow, what a bunch of grouches we have here. "Take Me Home Tonight" is pure gold. There is that chorus towards the end when the percussion drops out and it's just the vocals over the guitars, and then the drums come pounding back in. It gets me pumped up every time.
Posted by Luke on October 10, 2012 at 9:58 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 12
I was never able to figure out that line! Not that I tried too hard. But seriously, all these years I've always just assumed my best guess, which is nothing close to "just like Ronnie sang."
Posted by mr. herriman on October 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM · Report this
blip 13
I voted for the one I think is the worst because all classic rock is terrible, therefore the worst one is the better classic rock song. It made sense to me at the time.
Posted by blip on October 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM · Report this
Since we are figuring out difficult to understand 80's lyrics, can someone provide some clarity on that "carry a lazer" song by Mister Mister?

And just for the record, Eddie Money's true classic is "I Wanna Go Back". I mean come on, that song drips with bittersweet nostalgia, at least when you are very drunk it does.
Posted by longball on October 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 15
kyrie eleison means "lord have mercy." you know, down that road that I must travel.
Posted by mr. herriman on October 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM · Report this
robotbutler 16
@ 13. I did the same, I thought that was the point.
Posted by robotbutler on October 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM · Report this