Line Out Comments

My iPod bricked a couple months back, and I was utterly non-plussed. I was like, "meh, guess I have to buy a new adapter so I can play Spotify off my phone in the car." Two years ago, I would have felt like a substantial portion of my life had been shattered, and I would already have dropped $150+ on a new iPod. Now, I'm not even gonna bother replacing it.
Posted by Ixcila on October 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM · Report this
geoff teardrop 2
as long as the speakers push air and asses move/minds are opened, i don't give a fuck about the signal source: warped scratchy records, gen 1 ipod, cassette deck, CDJ, fancy laptop, wax cylinder, streaming audio, none of this shit matters. It will all be laughed at in the future
Posted by geoff teardrop http://twitter.com/wipess on October 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM · Report this
If you leave a DJ gig without a sore back, you're doing it wrong.
Posted by Dave Segal on October 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM · Report this
Similar to yer pal, Mr. Nipper, I DJed a friend's wedding two weekends ago, and although I brought and played mostly my vinyl, I did use the bride's Iphone to play a few things. First time I had ever played "Call Me Maybe" but not the first time I had played "Push It." I think she put it on airplane mode so it wouldn't ring, but I'm not positive, and what the fuck do I know? I don't own an Iphone.
Posted by carnivorous chicken on October 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 5
yeah, i do occasionally, using the djay app.
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on October 22, 2012 at 3:26 PM · Report this
LEE. 6
a few weeks back at Lava Lounge someone requested "Anything Anything" by Dramarama. I didn't have the record with me, nor my iPod which has the song as well, but she was nice and still tipped me $5 for doing a good job that evening. I decided to load up the song off YouTube on my phone and play it anyway. it felt great to do something nice, awful to sell out that much...I usually bring at least two full crates of records with me, and a book of CDs to cover my bases, so this was a pretty big concession to make here.

my iPhone battery died the next morning and it is now a paperweight. coincidence?
Posted by LEE. on October 22, 2012 at 3:30 PM · Report this