Max Solomon 1
because inslee is handsome and you can't trust a handsome politician. asked and answered.
Posted by Max Solomon on October 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM · Report this
Since "trains" is crackerspeak for "black people" throughout the U.S., readers could have reliably inferred McKenna's stance on transit issues generally from his party affiliation, so don't sweat this one.
Posted by lol chikinburd on October 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM · Report this
Well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Sound Transit is a mess.
Posted by Mugwumpt on October 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 4
How exactly is Sound Transit a "Mess"?
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on October 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 5
Too late, I already voted.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on October 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM · Report this
therealtrueauthenticrobmckenna 6
All this public transportation hullabaloo only accomplishes one thing: subsidizing a lazy minority population that never has and never will take responsibility for there own transportation needs. Light rail is notoriously inefficient. When I go to El Gaucho, I drive right to it, and the valet stores my vehicle for me while I'm being wined and dined by my fellow job creators. Now ask yourself, where in the hell is that poor valet supposed to PARK A TRAIN?!? Huh? Got an answer for that, punk? Well, do ya?
Posted by therealtrueauthenticrobmckenna on October 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM · Report this
Fnarf 7
There used to be a dickwad named "Big Don" who lived in Kent and haunted Usenet twenty years ago writing screeds about how the only thing transit is good for is giving Negroid criminals access to your neighborhood so they can steal your TV and whatnot (because you see a lot of guys hauling TVs and stereo speakers on the bus or train, right?). I wonder if that was McKenna.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on October 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 8
Really? Oh well, my ballot is in the mail back to the county. And Inslee still got my vote
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on October 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM · Report this
COMTE 10
@7:

ZOMG! Haven't thought about Big Don in years!

Ah, Usenet - those were the days!
Posted by COMTE on October 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 11
Republicans never support public transportation. They're pro business and want people to buy cars. Banks get interest rates. Dealers get profits - as do oil companies and repair garages.

Go to any sizable city in a Red State and check out the bus system. Very crappy service and the only people you ever see on a bus are maids, farm workers, and other poor people. Even poor white people will serially spend $1000 on a shitmobile every other year so that they don't have to ride the bus.

That's what that goon is trying to do in Washington.
Posted by Bauhaus I on October 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM · Report this
Free Lunch 12
@9 - Ha! As if you were on the fence.
Posted by Free Lunch on October 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM · Report this
Aaand Goldy has finally swung my vote. Sorry McKenna, light rail is an important future for transit here. While I don't think you could affect some of the other things espoused here as "omg he's so bad for", this one could wind up directly in your sphere of influence.
Posted by Tawnos on October 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM · Report this
Frank Blethen's vodka distiller 14
@6

Rob are you drinking Frank's hooch?
Posted by Frank Blethen's vodka distiller on October 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM · Report this