Eric Arrr 1
This exact thing happened to me about three weeks ago; a friend brought some to a party and offered it up to anyone who cared to try it.

It was good. The main thing you notice is it doesn't have that sharp acidy bite that most coffee does.
Posted by Eric Arrr on October 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM · Report this
Dougsf 2
I know people that have tried it in Bali, and claimed it was good or something, it really doesn't matter—what's hilarious is the image of a woman walking alone through the jungle, meticulously picking up these exotic beans off the jungle floor. I'm sure that's exactly how they do it.

And while I'm being the worst dude ever; palm civets aren't cats.
Posted by Dougsf on October 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM · Report this
Mattini 3
Body of a cat, head of a raccoon. Of course I'd drink the poop coffee of something so cute.
Posted by Mattini on October 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM · Report this
The little goth coffee place that used to be next to Rudy's on Pine, where Stumptown is now - pretty sure they used to carry it. Hugely expensive, if I recall.
Posted by gloomy gus on October 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM · Report this
I only drink it if it's in beer.
Posted by Mr. Happy Sunshine on October 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM · Report this
rob! 6
Palm civets were reservoirs and sources of SARS virus. And while, if I recall correctly, the initial transmission of SARS to humans resulted only from the preparation and/or consumption of their meat as another "delicacy," and the roasting of defecated coffee beans would almost certainly kill any virus, the coronaviruses as a group (of which SARS is a member) tend to infect the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts preferentially. Among others, Transmissible Gastroenteritis (TGE) virus and bovine coronavirus cause diarrhea in young pigs and cows, respectively.
Posted by rob! on October 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 7
Mmm, SARS.

Let's just pop a few potato-based vodka shots in there and we're good.
Posted by Will in Seattle on October 18, 2012 at 1:14 PM · Report this
@5 - that beer was very tasty
Posted by Tawnos on October 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 9
Dogs would love it with a bisquit.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on October 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM · Report this
Frank Blethen's vodka distiller 10
Actually it's a relative of the mongoose and no I would fucking try the coffee.
Posted by Frank Blethen's vodka distiller on October 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM · Report this