Both are reason to hope The Mayans Were Right.

(yes, I know the Mayans didn't really predict the world will end in December 2012)
Posted by Warren Terra on October 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 2
Nick Cage never should have gotten that first Oscar or permission to act.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on October 22, 2012 at 12:35 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 3
Left Behind 2: Revenge of the Heathens is really fun if you watch it in 3D while stoned.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on October 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM · Report this
A Family Circus movie is just dumb. The Left Behind series, on the other hand, are entirely venomous.
Posted by rocketgeek on October 22, 2012 at 12:39 PM · Report this
Left Behind starring Nic Cage is like the definition of hilariously terrible. I can't wait get fucked up and do as many things social conservative crazies hate at once as possible while watching/laughing at it.
Posted by algorhythm99 on October 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM · Report this
I thought for sure that you were saying that Family Circus and Left Behind were being made into one mash-up-like movie, called "Family Circus, Left Behind". I would so go see that.
Posted by el ganador on October 22, 2012 at 12:44 PM · Report this
David Schmader 7
I will see the shit out of both these movies.
Posted by David Schmader on October 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM · Report this
Where's the voting option where I die a little inside, having lived in a world where millions could be invested into such terrible ideas for films?
Posted by DresdenWhite on October 22, 2012 at 1:00 PM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 9
I second a motion for the Left Behind/Family Circus mash-up.
Posted by ArtBasketSara on October 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM · Report this
Keister Button 10
Thirded. "Who got Raptured?" "Not Me!" "Ida Know" "Mommy Mommy, Dead Granddad comes to me when I sleep and reads from Revelations! Should I be scared, or offer him a bowl of pasghetti?"
Posted by Keister Button on October 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 11
Motion is passed. C'mon internet, you can do it!
Posted by ArtBasketSara on October 22, 2012 at 1:31 PM · Report this
Pick1 12
For some reason the 2nd poll reminded me of the quote from the announcement of the 2015 Charlie Brown movie:

"We finally felt the time was right and the technology is where we need it to be to create this film."

I just stared at that sentence for a long while, my brain refused to work
Posted by Pick1 on October 22, 2012 at 2:08 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 13
I'd rather see a Nancy movie. Or the Lockhorns.
Posted by Max Solomon on October 22, 2012 at 2:31 PM · Report this
I would totally go see Family Circus directed by David Lynch.
Posted by Westside forever on October 22, 2012 at 2:40 PM · Report this
very bad homo 15
Oh you know Nic Cage will be in both of these movies.
Posted by very bad homo on October 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 16
Family Circus really only has the potential to be boring and insipid, not apocalyptically bad. It will simply pass from memory 2 minutes after you leave the theater, like vanilla ice cream without enough vanilla.

Left Behind, on the other hand, has the potential to be spectacularly bad. Epically bad. Laughably bad. In fact, it is far more likely to be funny than Family Circus.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on October 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM · Report this
I don't know. Which is worse, hearing that Shitpops will be taking up space in your store's dairy case next summer, or hearing that your charmingly shambolic uncle is the sales rep for their competition, Poopsicles?
Posted by Prettybetsy on October 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM · Report this
Skye Blu 18
Ugh.. I think I threw up in my mouth just reading it... only a mash-up could save either. But sadly, the FC will be required viewing in prison- ala Clockwork Orange.
Posted by Skye Blu on October 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM · Report this
Knat 19
I predict the Family Circus movie will consist of two hours of following Jeffy as he leaves a meandering dashed line through the woods, as he goes to pick up the newspaper on Father's Day. Critics will hate it, but audiences will describe it as oddly transfixing, like watching a horrific car wreck in slow motion.
Posted by Knat on October 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM · Report this
I'm looking forward to reading Lindy West's review of Family Circus.
Posted by I have always been... east coaster on October 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM · Report this