rob! 1
I'm guessing that if he did ask his buddy if he wanted "to have a sexual experience" with him, they at least ended up laughing themselves to tears in a bro-hug.
Posted by rob! on October 22, 2012 at 1:23 PM · Report this
A few of my long-time straight guy friends have felt the same way as this letter writer. I think breeders are just curious about the other side of fence. One of my friends (a real "ladies man") has expressed his frustration with how easy it can be for gay guys to hook up at a bar and move on without big emotional hoops to jump through. He recently told me he tells people about the time I picked up a guy at a bar with just one sentence, "Wanna f*ck?".

I kinda feel sorry for straight guys. Sorry bro's; you get easier access to civil rights, we get easier access to ass.
Posted by The fag on October 22, 2012 at 1:40 PM · Report this
tdalec 3
I always wonder how archived Dan's advice worked out.
Posted by tdalec on October 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM · Report this
@2 As a woman, I find it tough to just go for any guy without assessing the risks - not necessarily of falling in love, but of being raped, killed, etc.
Posted by oskomena on October 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM · Report this
very bad homo 5
I'd love to know how this worked out.
Posted by very bad homo on October 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM · Report this
Good point oskomena, judging by all the hateful misogynistic rants and threats made against women on the internet ,or any country for that matter, I would feel the same way.

Maybe when I'm 21 maybe I can go to a gay bar and sit around like a useless stump and someone will automatically ask me out/ home without me having to do anything if gay hookups are really that easy. Judging by all the complaints on realjock about the lack of gay meat this doesn't seem to be the case.
Posted by arachnar on October 22, 2012 at 3:19 PM · Report this
The concluding sentence to the second paragraph requires a citation. Privilege dulls, darling, and absolute privilege dulls absolutely.

But (and I'm sure Ms Cute will appreciate this), nobody thinks more highly of the understanding of straight men than I do. In my opinion, Nature has given them so much that they never find it necessary to use more than half.
Posted by vennominon on October 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM · Report this
@7, only if you can hold REALLY firm boundaries. A couple rolls in the hay, if you're up front about it, okay. But if she's having feelings for you, do not *date* her, or there will be Drama.
Posted by clashfan on October 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM · Report this
This strikes me as a bad idea. If he felt so strongly that he had to take time off, sex is just prob going to reignite that. It wasn't just a casual "gee my friend is kinda hot".
Posted by chi_type on October 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM · Report this
Kevin_BGFH 12
"Is it possible this could be just a one-time thing that brings us closer as friends, or is it more likely to ruin our friendship?"

Yes, and yes. It is possible that it could bring you closer as friends. It is also more likely that it will ruin -- or at least change -- your friendship.
Posted by Kevin_BGFH on October 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM · Report this