Paul posted with one exclamation point, now you with three. Coming up, Goldy with five exclamation points and how the weather on the East Coast is so much more aggressive like it should be.
Posted by gloomy gus on October 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM · Report this
rob! 2
Yeah, but I get to put that tip credit toward my next cup of cawfee...
Posted by rob! on October 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM · Report this
psbirch 3
And the winner of this election cycle's October Surprise is...Climate Change! What a clincher, folks! Madcap weather, come on down!
Posted by psbirch on October 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM · Report this
CC-Rob 4
God is pissed! See what happens when you let the gays marry? - Seriously, it sounds like a major mess for the eastern seaboard. I hope it doesn't impact voter turnout.
Posted by CC-Rob on October 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM · Report this
I guess it's about time to go out and get those winter boots I've been putting off buying. And the thermals, too.
Posted by moosefan on October 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM · Report this
biffp 6
Sounds fuckingstupid. Does everyone have to try to be funny no matter their lack of any sense of humor? How abot we go back to "___ on steroids" and "___ on acid"?
Posted by biffp on October 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 7
I for one welcome our Snow Monster overlords.
Posted by Will in Seattle on October 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM · Report this
Cracker Jack 8
biffp: not sure what a winter storm on acid would be like, but I want to find out!!!
Posted by Cracker Jack on October 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM · Report this
@3 This isn't climate change. This is more like a nor'easter occurring before it is cold enough to snow. The GFS and NAM simulations are showing pretty typical dynamics for that kind of storm. October storms come with snow in New England about half the time based on the climatology. There isn't anything too unusual about this storm. It is wicked awesome meteorology, but it probably isn't climate change.

PS If the media keeps coming up with with silly names like this, I actually might get behind the Weather Channel plan to name winter storms (despite the criteria being really subjective).

Posted by wxPDX on October 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 10
@6 - I hereby name this frustration "Stormnamegate"
Posted by MacCrocodile on October 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM · Report this
Yes I’ve heard, and I’ll be lucky enough to be leaving NYNY on a box boat early next week and sailing to Savanna, Charleston and then across the pond for the ditch...
Posted by Merchant Seaman on October 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM · Report this
Dougsf 12
I believe the meteorological term for this is a "Tropical Sno-Cone."
Posted by Dougsf on October 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM · Report this
emma's bee 13
@11: wishing you fair winds! Be safe.
Posted by emma's bee on October 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM · Report this