Other Comments

Newest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
this blog speaks volumes about the art culture in Seattle- Pedestrian at best.
Posted by phindme on November 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM · Report this
I agree with Chef Thunder. I did see an artist's work that I liked and now I will look into him and sleep on a possible purchase like I do with everything that's in the thousands. It was a nice way to kill an hour since I got locked out of another event at Seattle Center.
Posted by Superjivus on November 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM · Report this
Chef Thunder 4
I agree there was a some really good art there but almost none under $1000.

Most of what was there seemed like it would appeal to Bellevue hausfrau who need something to hang over their couch.

That being said I am glad I went. I just wasn't prepared to drop $1,800 on a piece that I only looked at once in the middle of looking at a huge amount of work.
Posted by Chef Thunder on November 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM · Report this
Simply Me 3
This fair was a total bust. Thanks for nothing Stranger!
Posted by Simply Me on November 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM · Report this
#1 FTW. good luck finding much under $1000. I could come up with 4-5 good pieces from locals for $1000
Posted by JDballard on November 11, 2012 at 9:26 AM · Report this
There was a lot of good art here. BUT it was not affordable. I don't think the organizer's really understand what Seattleites think is "affordable". Most things appeared to be in the range of 2,000 dollars. I think most PNW people would rather hang a funky piece of art they found on a street corner and use that 2000 dollars to travel or climb or buy a bike or beer or whatever.
Posted by squeegee on November 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM · Report this