You could always torrent it.
Posted by OOF POOF on October 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM · Report this
Cynic Romantic 2
I've heard "Wolf Creek" (based on a true story) is also pretty horrifying (which is why I haven't seen it...)
Posted by Cynic Romantic on October 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM · Report this
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was a lousy book and a worse movie.
Posted by Approaching 40 in LA on October 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM · Report this
Badger 4
It is generally not available on video...but if you miss the screening ( try not to, it is amazing on the big screen) you can rent the DVD at Scarecrow. The DVD is PAL & region code 4, but you can play it on a computer.

You should see it at the theater though, watching movies on a computer or TV just doesn't compare with seeing them the way they are supposed to be seen.
Posted by Badger on October 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM · Report this
treefort 5
When you say readers you mean viewers right? Stuck in book editing mode? ;)
Posted by treefort on October 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM · Report this
@2 not that scary. Just gory and sadistic. Like Saw or one if those Rob Zombie horrors. People being fucked up.
Posted by CbytheSea on October 30, 2012 at 3:31 AM · Report this
More, I Say! 8
OK, I am an unabashed hater of horror movies. I don't like being scared, and I abhor gore.

But I also used to date a horror aficionado, and he coerced me into watching a few....

I thought The Descent was one of the worst clunkers I've seen in a long time. Utterly obvious, cliche, and rendered completely unscary by all the distracting girl-drama going on between characters that you don't give a crap about. It was terrible, but everyone else I've ever known said they loved it!!! Did I watch it wrong, or what?
Posted by More, I Say! on October 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM · Report this
MarkyMark 9
Fun facts:

Lead actor Gary Bond was at one time in an LTR with British actor Jeremy Brett (Sherlock Holmes); Bond passed away from AIDS in 1995.

The Blu-ray is due January 15th.
Posted by MarkyMark on October 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM · Report this